Syncing Powerbook, Palm, Phone

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hkriffraff, Dec 21, 2003.

1. hkriffraff macrumors regular

Can anyone advise how to resolve this syncing irrgularity? I have a 15" Al Powerbook, a Tungsten T and a Sony Ericsson Z600, all paired with Bluetooth and set up on iSync.

I have several appointments set to repeat on a daily basis on the Palm to serve as personal reminders (e.g. take your medicine). On the Palm, there is the option to make appointments private so that they are not displayed on the datebook. When I sync with the Powerbook, all these appointments are no longer private and competely clutter my iCal view. Then when I sync my phone, all the appointments are synchronized, but their start times have all changed! (e.g. 12:45am rather than 8:45am!)

Is there a way out of this mess? Or alternately, can I set iSync just to sync my addressbook/contacts but not my calendar?

2. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

before i go to bed (i am at GMT+1100) i can give a quick bit of help -
    are your phone and palm and ical all working in the same timezone?
    if not hten that would be causing the time shift - privacy BTW is a DB thing - hotsync is a permissioned app - it can unlock and read them mainly for backup purposes.

3. jadren0 macrumors newbie

I would be interested if anybody has found a way to *not synchronize entries marked as 'private' to iCal, or found a way to have them as 'private' on iCal (perhaps in a 'private' calendar, that you could choose not to sync/view/whatever...). Any ideas?
    With Palm Desktop no longer supported, and iCal seeming far from being a full replacement, these are hard times for Palm users on the Mac OS platform... such a shame...