Syncing time between OSes in Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by After G, Apr 10, 2006.

1. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Sorry to have another thread about Boot Camp, I know how tiring it can be to read through all of them. But I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing weird things with their clock between Mac OS and Windows.

The time is 9 hours off in Windows, but is correct in Mac OS. And when I change it in Windows, and reboot to Mac OS, it's wrong in Mac OS, but corrects itself. They are both set on the correct time zone, and set to auto-sync on the Internet.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. theheyes macrumors regular

Apparantly this happens because the two OS's determine the time differently, and to best way to get round it is to have them sync with a network time server each time you boot into it - which you seem to be doing already.

I'll try to find the Apple link.

3. theheyes macrumors regular

Here we go: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303572

Why is the time different between Mac OS X and Windows XP on my computer?

The Windows XP and Mac OS X operating systems handle your computer's date and time information differently, so the date and time may be different when you switch operating systems. For best results, use a network time server and resync the date and time whenever you switch operating systems. In Mac OS X, use the “Set date & time automatically” option in the Date & Time preferences. In Windows XP, click the Update Now button in the “Date and Time Properties” control panel.