Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Want to be able to sync my phone with my itunes library while my MBP is asleep. Is there anyway to allow this? If something is connecting by wifi it wakes up and syncs but screen still stays off.

macjram

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
Want to be able to sync my phone with my itunes library while my MBP is asleep. Is there anyway to allow this? If something is connecting by wifi it wakes up and syncs but screen still stays off.

I know that Power Nap can wake up your MBP and check for emails and etc. but I don't think that you can sync your phone with your iTunes library while its asleep..

You can always just leave it on with the screen off and sync -- all you really need to do is sync your phone once and then every time after you update it right? Or is there something I'm missing

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

I think if you have your iPhone set up for WiFi sync and you OS X Energy Saver settings have Wake for network access enabled, it should work.

Screen%20Shot%202012-11-10%20at%206.07.24%20PM.png

driftless

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2011
Chicago-area
I am not sure that works, I now the reverse works. For example if my iMac is asleep my wife can access iTunes through ATV, iPad, etc. And, I believe iOS 6 will sync in sleep mode. However, I don't believe that the Mac will be looking for the iOS devices, ATV, etc., in sleep mode. In short the Mac can be accessed but is not looking for other devices to sync. I think that the solution is just to plug the iPhone into the Mac via USB and that should start your sync.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
When your computer is asleep, have you tried to sync your phone wirelessly - manually?

Settings, General, iTunes WiFi Sync

IMG_3328.PNG

Mine doesn't say music because I have iTunes Match set up.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
This isn't for an iPhone. My iPhone is also with iTunes match. I'm trying to set up a Galaxy S3 with iSyncr on a Macbook Pro

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
This isn't for an iPhone. My iPhone is also with iTunes match. I'm trying to set up a Galaxy S3 with iSyncr on a Macbook Pro

Oh. You should have mentioned it in your original post. I'm going to move this thread to the Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices forum. Hopefully you can get some assistance there. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.