Syncing with Yahoo

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pjgulliver, Oct 11, 2004.

1. pjgulliver macrumors newbie

Hey all--

I'm a longtime holder of a Yahoo account I use for personal business mail, address, etc. I'm also new to Macs.

I love iSync, and use it for syncing with me SE 610 phone.

However, iSync doesn't appear to be able to Sync with Yahoo. I know that Intellisync syncs with Yahoo, but appears to only work with PC(?) applications?

I know in a perfect world I would get a .Mac address, and have mail, calendar, etc all synced up on the web that way. Well, I'm already paying for Yahoo, and I've had it for too long to switch up right now.

So, does anyone know if there's any solution for syncing info from OS X's PIM systems to Yahoo?

Thanks,

Peter

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

iSync doesn't work with other services from other companies. iSync is just used to sync iCal, and Address Book with devices that you use. Also, if you have two Macs, you can use iSync to have the macs have the same inforamation like Addresses, Calenders, Safari bookmarks. If anyone was to give you something to sync your Yahoo stuff with a device, it would be Yahoo. Maybe in the future Apple will try to give a work around to get yahoo stuff though isync, but not today.

3. pjgulliver thread starter macrumors newbie

Not asking about iSync

Thanks varmint.

I know iSync doesn't work for this, but I was hoping someone knew of a clever program that might? It's just frustrating that Yahoo IntelliSync works for virtually every PC-based PIM software, but not for Mac.

Peter

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

you can setup Yahoo POP3 and check your mail from Mail.app.