Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guillaume

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
Ok, here's the deal.

I want to be able to do backups on another periferal and update them. I want to be able to update a certain folder without copying it all over again. Is there a way to compare two folders and copy whats not found in one of them from the other ? Kind of an analogous of a briefcase in windows ?

Thanks

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Ok, here's the deal.

I want to be able to do backups on another periferal and update them. I want to be able to update a certain folder without copying it all over again. Is there a way to compare two folders and copy whats not found in one of them from the other ? Kind of an analogous of a briefcase in windows ?

Thanks

Chronosync will do all you need

criminallawyer

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2009
USA
Syncronizing Folders ?

Use the synchronization tools to automatically make the contents of a remote and local folder exactly the same. You can monitor more than one folder, or synchronize multiple sites. Just schedule and queue the synchronizations you need.
To synchronize folders
From the menu, choose Tools > Folder Tools > Synchronize Folders.
In Enter the local path to synchronize, type in the path, or browse to the local folder you want to synchronize.
In Enter the remote path to synchronize, type in the path, or browse to the local folder you want to synchronize.
In Please select the direction of synchronization, choose to Mirror Local, Mirror Remote, or Mirror Both.
Mirror Local keeps the local folder the same and changes the remote folder to match.
Mirror Remote keeps the remote folder the same and changes the local folder to match.
Mirror Both adds files to both folders and puts the latest version of all files in both folders.
If you want to include contents of subfolders in the synchronization select the Include subfolders check box

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.