Synergy vs Teleport

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by muppetman2000, Jan 1, 2007.

1. muppetman2000 macrumors newbie

I have just bought a ibook on ebay, should be getting it soon, i was wondering which program is best (or if there are any others) for using one keyboard and mouse on a iMac and ibook over ethernet. Also can you drag windows from screen to screen as i can with my secondary screen. Is drag and drop files and folders possible.

Thanks

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Synergy: works great to share kb & mouse. No window sharing or file transfer between desktops. You could always try FTP or Apple file sharing and just share that way.

Teleport: don't know, I haven't tried.

3. muppetman2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, teleport looks good but i cant test it out yet. Here's the website>

http://abyssoft.com/software/teleport/

It offers drag and drop files aswell so i will be trying it out. If anyone out their can and wants to try it out i would apreciate a review.

Thanks

4. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

I have it installed on my macbook to play around with and it's nice that it takes up minimal space in my system preferences, and looks like a very well-made app. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to test it yet. Installation was very quick however.

5. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

I use Synergy, and it works great. No drag and drop support, but it syncs the clipboard and screensavers. It's also multiplatform, which is really nice - I'm currently using my iMac G5 as the host machine, and have an Ubuntu linux box hooked up on the side sharing my Mac's keyboard and mouse. I've also used it to share my Mac's keyboard and mouse with a Windows machine before.

6. muppetman2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have got my ibook and am using synergy, very impressive program, runs great.