Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brsboarder, Dec 13, 2004.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2004
    Well, i've been using this program for a couple days and love it, but im wondering if there is something that is freeware that is better or i might buy this, also, it seems as if all the sudden, syngery disappears when say I open up safari etc, all my other things are still up there, how do I make syngery stay in the menubar with whatever program im using?
  2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    I use synergy and I don't think any freeware program looks as descent.
    As per the icon disappearing, I guess you have too many icons in the menu, so that with Safari's menu there is not enough space to display all icons. Hence it gets hidden.
    And anyways why do you have the buttons in the menu bar, there is not any need for that as you have hot keys.
  3. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2004
    new problem, I decided im gunna buy synergy, but i wont have $$ in my paypal for a week. Yet, synergy trial expired, so i cant use it. Is there anyways to use it again? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it came up with the same thing. Does it store info in my machine? where is it? do other programs do the same? How do u really delete something
  4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    There is a way, kinda annoying after a while...Once it quites on you, go into your system pref then click synergy then click start (its in the gernal tab near the top), a window pops up click dismiss... it should work for a while but then it exits out, but hey free is free....
  5. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2004
    i did that it only works for a couple minutes, my question is, why if i uninstall then reinstall it, it shoudl give me 7 more days, but somehow it knows, so, something is sitll on my computer, how do i do it
  6. mcarvin macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2003
    Southern NJ
    You Software released YouControl:Tunes as freeware. It's got more features than Synergy, but their floater is horrid compared to goodness that is Synergy.

I use both: Synergy for the floater and hot keys, and YC:Tunes for the full access to iTunes from the menubar.

Sofa's pretty cool too, and definitely worth checking out. Last I heard, they stopped distributing it because the later builds were buggy, but the earlier builds were pretty stable. If you're interested, PM me with an email and I'll send you the app.
  7. munkle macrumors 68030

Aug 7, 2004
    On a jet plane
    You want to delete the preferences files. Go file/find under Finder and do a search for synergy...all related files should then appear. Delete the .plist file.

Register the app though, it really is a great app and the developer has been having problems with pirated versions floating about.