Syracuse (NY) Compusa

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Nybombers142, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Nybombers142 macrumors member

Has anyone gone to the Compusa in Syracuse (New York)? I want to check out some iBooks/ powerbooks in person but dont live close enough to any Apple dealer. I want to make some that they'll let me acutally tinker with the models. Not just give me specs, which I know by heart now. I live in Ithaca if some can give a better place to go, also.

2. Darwinstoy macrumors newbie

you can go to cornell or ithaca college and see if they have a mac lab! but otherwise, even though syracuse is far - its worth a try!

Store Hours
    Weekdays: 9am - 9:30pm | Saturdays: 9am - 9:30pm | Sundays: 11am - 6pm

Main Phone: (315) 478-7250 * | * Main Fax: (315) 459-4698
    Training Department: (315) 459-4630 * | * Service Center: (315) 459-4644

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The Syracuse CompUSA had Macs on display the last time I was there, this past Christmas season. You could always call them [(315) 478-7250] to make sure...

4. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I believe that all the CompUsa stores have basically the same setup. The two local one around here (warwick, n. attleboro) have macs including iBooks on display. Dont expect to pick them up though, because they are bolted to the table.

5. Snarf macrumors newbie

Wow, I was in the same position a few weeks ago. I live like 40 minutes from Ithaca. Anyway, I found an authorized reseller in Vestal. It's a small place, and they usually have a few models laying around the store, but they were more than happy to answer my questions! It's called MicroWorld Computer Store at 1905 Vestal Parkway East. Hope that helps some! (first post :) )

6. Nybombers142 thread starter macrumors member

NO I went there. They had 1 iBook G3. it didnt work, and WAS BEAT TO HELL. there was tape hold it together. She said she had a powerbook out back but it was in the box and she didnt want to open it. flush a 45 minite drive down the tolit!

7. Snarf macrumors newbie

oh snap. Sorry about that. I talked to some guy, who I guess was the owner. He was helpful. The only other places I can think of is possibly Ithaca college or Cornell. I wasn't really up to the drive to Syracuse myself. :(

edit: you should have just told her you wanted to buy the powerbook, I'm sure she'd have brought it out then.