Syracuse, NY

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Auzburner, Jun 7, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Made it first for iPad, who would like to show up for iPhone 4? Hey, maybe we can get a little game of frisbee going again...

That's me on iPad launch day BTW

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

I wanna be there again I was 3rd in line for the iPad. But im not the account owner and dont know if I will be able to get it without the account owner there.

3. macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

I'm livid at myself. I had the screen up, set to preorder, and I didn't do it because I had to go to work, and said to myself "What's one day!?"... :rolleyes:

Well, I am NOT looking forward to a July iPhone. The suspense will kill me. I WILL be there, at that mall, in line, for the iPhone, as soon as possible.

When is the earliest they open the mall so I can stand in line? I assume I can't stay overnight.

Must. Get. Upgrade. Soon...

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I will be there. Managed to easily get two iPhone4's pre-ordered by noon eastern time. Took four hours, but it was worth it! See everyone there!

5. macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Someone else mentioned a Carousel Mall meet, so hopefully they respond in here. I'll see if I can get anyone else to join too.

6. macrumors 6502a

KindredMAC

I sent you a PM Skip...

As it turns out, I'm out. :(

My son's daycare is closed that day and have no one to babysit, so I ended up pre-ordering and it's shipping to my house Thursday.

Take lots of pics guys! Can someone even print out my avatar, put it on a stick and pose for a pic with it in front of the Apple Store and post it up in the forums?

I was thinking, that if I could make it to the release, of making a cheap T-shirt of my MacRumors' avatar and screen name and wearing it there....

7. macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Depending on how things go down with my local AT&T Store, I may just go there. It looks like their grand re-opening may be on the 24th.

A short while back, we had a crazy guy walk into our AT&T store pissed off, with a .357 Magnum, and he shot an employee. A police officer that happened to be there off duty took down the shooter after he only got off one shot. The employee is doing ok now, and asked to be out of the local spotlight.

I want to support that store and go there if I could, because there are a lot of good people there that I like. I may skip out on the pre-dawn drive to Syracuse if they have the iPhone that morning.

8. macrumors newbie

I'm there!

I'll be at carousel as early as possible but the mall doesn't normally open until 7 am for walkers, right? Or does it open early Thursday?

9. thread starter macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Carousel is where it's at. I live right near the AT&T Store shooting. That was interesting to see on national news! Only a few more days of waiting!

10. macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Same here. That was a little too much. I thought about it though, and if I go all the way to Syracuse, and Apple doesn't come through for me, I'm screwed.

At least if I go with my AT&T store, if they don't have it, there's Walmart, if they don't have it, there's Best Buy, all in the same parking lot. Then if they don't have it, there's RadioShack. If I don't get it with that method, it just isn't meant to be. :p

11. macrumors regular

kryten3000

Is the AT&T store on Commercial Drive really re-openeing on the 24th???
    I read in the OD that they would not be reopening there, but rather be getting a new location in Consumer Square. :eek:

At any rate I have a reservation and just got my confirmation email from Apple, so if all goes to plan I will be there also.

Now, regarding the Carousel Mall, I spoke with the Manager of the Apple Store just a few days ago and he said that for the iPad launch the doors were opened @ 5:00AM. Also, he said that based on that he would expect the same for this Thursday. Hopefully he is correct.

Attached Files:

12. macrumors newbie

Awesome, thanks!

13. macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

I stood in line for the iPad on launch day at Carousel Mall and the doors opened at 6am to stand in front of the Apple store, and then the store actually opened at 9am.

But for the iPhone 4 I opted for home delivery. Which sucks I would like to stand in line but I guess it doesnt matter and will still have my phone on launch day :)

14. macrumors regular

kryten3000

That's cool, I'm really excited that their are people from our area her @ MR :)

15. macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Sorry for any confusion - no, that AT&T Store will never re-open. I used 're-opening', because many of the employees may still be there, just at a different place. As far as I know, that old building is either going to be gutted and redone for the next vendor, or completely torn down and rebuilt. They are indeed going to Consumer Square.

The issue I have with that news, however, is I can't find them! :eek: They have yet to put a sign up anywhere, and I don't even know where they're doing construction. Calling their old number only led me to the old store.

Pound is correct here, I went in yesterday, and asked what time the mall itself will actually open its doors to let customers stand in line. He said 6:00am, and that the Apple store itself opens at 7:00am. I would call, and just confirm the times.

16. thread starter macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Yes, iPad launch at Carousel allowed customers in the mall at 6am, they then opened the store at 9am. That was a long wait. Just an hour this time should be nice. I will be racing for first again! ;-D

17. macrumors regular

kryten3000

I stand corrected. :D

18. macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

It better be 6:00am now, knowing that AT&T won't have walk-in sales until the 29th!

I wonder how my local store is feeling right now, knowing they purposely wanted to open for the 24th... :( Everything is so up in the air for them this week.

Looks like my plans changed. My original statement stands again. I'll be waiting for the doors to open at 6 in Syracuse! :) Apparently there's a very limited stock for anyone other than Apple. Walmart in Utica has 2, New Hartford didn't get any yet, Best Buy didn't answer their phone (typical), and Radio Shack said it's doubtful they'll get any, and that they have none yet as well.

19. macrumors newbie

how bad are the waits at carousel first thing? i haven't been to a launch since i got the iphone 3g. I showed up at the AT&T in New Hartford, they sold out before I could get inside, so then I drove to Carousel and got there around 10am and only had to wait in line for about an hour or so. I am going to be there before they open for the iphone 4 but was just curious how bad the lines are now...

20. macrumors member

I'd love to be there, but I'd rather wait for the white iPhone 4 than get the black and be unhappy. Although I may just end up getting black anyways... Looks slick :cool:

Have fun guys, I didn't put in a pre-order and do not have the patience to stand in line and possibly not get one :(

21. macrumors 6502a

coledog

I'm from Old Forge and I stopped by Best Buy on Monday and asked about the reservation list and the phone guys told me that the list was long, the amount of iPhones was small and that i was basically SOL for Best Buy.

Walmart will be a failure most likely, Radio Shack wanted $50 to reserve an iPhone "when" corporate allowed iPhone preorders again (June 15th info).

I'm going to try and meet up a guy from Craigslist at the Apple store tomorrow. Does anyone here have a 16gb preordered? The one I'll probably get is a 32gb and I'd rather have the 16gb...Pay the difference and it's yours!

22. macrumors newbie

Got one reserved but need two

Well I'll be at carousel not sure what time yet I figure since no AT&T walk INS people will be lineing up early. I need two but only got one reserved if i go in reserved line will they allow me to get the 2nd? I'm guessing I'll have to go in the walkin line and grab my reserved and the other. Gonna be a long day tomorrow uggh

23. macrumors 6502a

coledog

Are you looking to get 16's or 32's?

24. macrumors newbie

I'd like 16

I'm just looking to get the 16's but if they sold out and only have 32 I'm not leaving empty handed lol

25. macrumors newbie

Coledog

Where u coming from man? No apple stores near ya ? That blows.