Syriana

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by pdpfilms, Oct 22, 2005.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/syriana/hd/

Syriana. This movie looks amazing. Having been recently in Oman (though not quite an agressive oil state, still the Middle East), this is looking really interesting. A great cast lineup, and a present issue... I know I'll be seeing this one on premiere night.

What about you?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, we saw a preview of this at North Country last night. It seemed really interesting. A little bit of extra kitsch because of Matt Damon, and "most profitable company in the world" hyperbole, but a nice concept.

3. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

That certainly looks like it could be a nice movie. It plays on what soon will be a widespread concern, not to say fear, in the western world - running out of oil.
    I wonder why they didn't make a movie about windmills instead, but I guess that indystry is not quite as sexy as bribing sheiks :rolleyes:

A

4. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

I went to IMDB and looked at the summary.. All in all it looks like it is gonna be yet another cheesy "we are all doomed" movies. However I will probably go see it just for Alexander Siddig. (I just loved him on DS9)

5. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Looks like an interesting movie to me. I downloaded the trailer in HD and watched the other night. I like the cast and the premise, so I'll be seeing it. Not sure if it will be premiere night, but I will be seeing it.:)

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I liked the trailer, another one that is action packed. Won't be going to the move. It's a very appropriate for our current situation with oil. Would be interested in the DVD.