System Files Option Removed in Finder

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by DC Hurricane, Jun 11, 2013.

1. DC Hurricane macrumors member

Feb 16, 2009

So I'm using 10.8.4 and I'm trying to delete an application from my machine. Typically I'd do this by doing a search in Finder and doing the + option to include System Files in the search. I just tried this in 10.8.4 but the option seems removed. Does anyone know where I can reenable this?
  2. Nermal, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013

Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    The + button isn't there for me when I first open Finder ("All My Files" view) but it IS there if I navigate to a different folder first. Is that your issue?
  3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion: Complete steps 1-7 of those instructions (or as many as you can), then take a screen shot of your Finder window and post it.
  4. pknz macrumors 68020

Mar 22, 2005
    Strange, I am still able to perform this search in 10.8.4.

Attached Files:

5. DC Hurricane thread starter macrumors member

Feb 16, 2009
    Silly me but I was searching in the second dropdown corresponding to Kind instead of flipping Kind itself.

It is curious to me why under All My Files though the + option isn't available at all. I have to navigate to another folder as well.
  6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    "All My Files" is not a folder, but rather a search result. You can't search in a search result.