System Files Option Removed in Finder

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by DC Hurricane, Jun 11, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Hi,

So I'm using 10.8.4 and I'm trying to delete an application from my machine. Typically I'd do this by doing a search in Finder and doing the + option to include System Files in the search. I just tried this in 10.8.4 but the option seems removed. Does anyone know where I can reenable this?

2. simsaladimbamba

Can this help?

3. Nermal, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013

Nermal

Staff Member

The + button isn't there for me when I first open Finder ("All My Files" view) but it IS there if I navigate to a different folder first. Is that your issue?

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion: Complete steps 1-7 of those instructions (or as many as you can), then take a screen shot of your Finder window and post it.

5. macrumors 68020

pknz

Strange, I am still able to perform this search in 10.8.4.

Attached Files:

6. thread starter macrumors member

Silly me but I was searching in the second dropdown corresponding to Kind instead of flipping Kind itself.

It is curious to me why under All My Files though the + option isn't available at all. I have to navigate to another folder as well.

7. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

"All My Files" is not a folder, but rather a search result. You can't search in a search result.