system message = program crash

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by killuminati, Jan 31, 2005.

1. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

This is actually for a friend of mine but this exact thing happened to me just over a year ago. (no, I don't remember what I did)

Anytime any kind of system message comes up (would you like to save, click ok to continue, error....) the program crashes. This is extremely frustring when you are using any kind of shareware that reminds you to purchase the product.

I/he as tried zapping the pram repairing permissions. Any ideas???? Thanks in advance

2. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

3. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

figures. right after I explain to him how quick I'd be able to help him thanks to the people at MR. :(

4. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

What is this happening on, that way some of us get a better idea of what to look for and where to look.
    It helps when you give the program, OS, and such just to make sure its not something simple

5. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

sorry about that. It's OS 10.3.7 on a titanium powerbook (not sure the specs because its my friends, it also happened on my alum pb too though)
    and it happens in any program. anything

6. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Did this happen on any other OS for your friend?? I have not gone to 10.3.7 as I was unsure about it because of some problems with other people.