System problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Xavier, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Xavier macrumors 68020

Mar 23, 2006
    I am unable to make screenshots of my problem because shift+apple+3 is not working, so I will try my best to describe what is happening.

I booted up my computer today, and signed in just fine. But I soon noticed that the menu bar was acting strangly. On the left side, I get all the usual menus from the blue Apple to the Help menu, but there is nothing on the right side. It is completely blank.

So then I figured I would look for something to do with the menu bar in the System Preferences app. I am unable to open Network or Sharing for some reason. The message pops up as: Preferences Error, Could not load Network. Software Update dosent work either.

Then I wanted to burn some of my files to a back up CD. I insert a CD-RW to burn, but my superdrive rejects it, saying that it can not be read. My Superdrive...

I have tried restarting the Finder to no difference, and restarting the computer to no different. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem without having to reinstall the OS?

I have a Dual 1ghz MDD G4 running 10.4.7
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Try creating a new user account and see whether the problems carry over. Also, you can take screen shots using the Grab app in the Utilities folder. :)