Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Much nicer!
Always thought that System Profiler never was up to Apple's standards of UI. Glad to see an overhaul, even if it is only for the most basic info.

KiDo

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2006
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Odd, when i open about this mac and then more info it show your app.

When i go to applications -> utilities -> system information, it just shows the old view!

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Odd, when i open about this mac and then more info it show your app.

When i go to applications -> utilities -> system information, it just shows the old view!

That's supposed to be like that. System Information is just System Profiler renamed. About this Mac is the one that got remodeled.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
I love how it says what kind of memory you can put where, how many slots your machine has and draws a nice graphic with a little sentence. Makes it easier to buy new RAM.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Random question: how did you get your images to show up so nicely, with shadows, etc?

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I love how it says what kind of memory you can put where, how many slots your machine has and draws a nice graphic with a little sentence. Makes it easier to buy new RAM.

If you click on 'Memory Upgrade Instructions' does it tell you how to solder new memory to your MacBook Air? ;)

sebtk

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
London
Random question: how did you get your images to show up so nicely, with shadows, etc?

Other people have mentioned apps, you really don't need any.
Press Apple(Command) + Shift + 4

then press the spacebar over the window you want to capture, the image will appear on your desktop with the nice backdrop etc.

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
Does the hard drives breakout show external hard drives too?

This is identical to the iPhone/iPad breakout in iTunes. Pleasantly surprised by these changes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.