Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by rossip, Jun 10, 2013.
When someone finds the system requirements of the Dev preview, please post!
Agreed. I'm thinking about going from SL to ML and don't want to wait too long before legal ML is gone.
Just remember that the system requirements can change during the beta. Although the list of supported systems probably won't change.
If you buy it now on app store, you will be able to download it on your purchases tab. Lion still shows up on mine.
Probably everything with 256-Bit registers (AVX 1.0 and newer). That means Sandy Bridge and newer.
No way. I say within the last 4-5 years
So not the Core 2 Duo? Yep, I'll be getting mountain lion before they take it off the App Store.
I really hope it runs on my 09 MacBook
The announced speed improvements would be great, especially for an older machine.
That means more work for me to do. I promise you Ill make 10.9 runs on ALL older Macs. Including those that ML doesn't support
Using your current method for ML, do software updates (like 10.8.4) break the installation?
I'm feeling scared for my Mid-2009 MacBook Pro (Core2Duo)
I'll be gutted if it's not supported...
You damn sure?
I don't know about that.
He/she couldn't be.
I would like to see it on my 2008 MP. It is still an extremely capable computer.
If this happens i will be very mad
I have a C2D, too with ML on a 256 GB SSD. But the C2D is the last one supported by ML so I would be surprised if Mav would still support it.
Very interested about this...
Rocking with an early 2008 mbp
Any ideas about how much RAM is required?
I'm not a developer, but this is the place where developers can download Mav and it's not yet online. The Mav preview will certainly contain a ReadMe with the system requirements in it. So until this site goes online or some developers find out at the WWDC, nobody besides Apple yet knows what hardware is supported.
I also have a C2D that was supported by ML. While the improvements in battery life sound fascinating, I will survive without the update. I'm not really holding out hope.
So... how would one update and fix the holes?
Gutted. I was hoping mine would last another year... don't think I could cope not having the latest OS
I hope the same or less than ML with this memory compression!
Same here, was going to try and download the dev build and see if it works but site is still down