System Restore

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JzzTrump22, May 3, 2005.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Once Tiger is installed on my machine, would it be possible to use my Panther system restore disks to put Panther back on? I'm not going to do it, I was just curious if it works.

2. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

of course it can be done. You can always downgrade if you want to, but you will have to make a complete Erase and Install. You cannot downgrade without having to erase your disk.

Think about it as a downgrade from 10.3.9 to a version that came with your machine (ex. 10.3.5). It simply cannot be done without erase and install.

Another thing you can do, is to split your disk into 2 parts, one for panther, and one for Tiger. That can be done, too, but you will also need to format your disk.

3. Honortgoat macrumors newbie

I'm actually trying to do this, going from 10.4 to 10.3, as I am selling my 12" PowerBook...with my 10.3 license. It hasn't worked.

I've tried booting from the CD by holding Apple-C during reboot with no luckk. I've also tried just inserting the CD while everything is up and running, but the system does not read a disk. I disk is physically in good shape and reads correctly on my new 15" PB. Any ideas?