t-mobile nano sim does not fit

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by troyhouse, Dec 4, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

i got t-mobile nano sim from the t-mobile store and it did not fit the sim tray in iphone 5.

have any of you experienced the same or they gave me micro sim... i am coming from 3gs to 5, so really confused.

planning to go to the store tomorrow with the phone and hopefully they give me the correct sized one.

2. macrumors 68030

haruhiko

nano SIM is a standard. nano SIM is nano SIM, there shouldn't be any difference between nano SIM from carrier A and another one from carrier B.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

i understand that, but it seems the store guy gave me micro and not nano. i didnt had ip5 with me so couldnt try it. and when i tried just now, sim wouldnt fit.

4. macrumors 68000

[​IMG]

5. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Obviously if its too big, just force it:D
    lol
    I meant he gave you the wrong sim size.
    Either go back or try to cut it yourself down to nanosim size instead of microsim.

6. macrumors 6502a

Prime85

you dont have to cut the micro to a nano sim. T-mobile has nano sims, i have it in my Iphone 5. They probably gave you a micro sim instead.

Here are the measurements for the Nano if you want to confirm 12.3 x 8.8 mm

and here is a picture comparing all of them, the smallest one is the nano. I would go back and exchange it but bring your phone this time.

[​IMG]

7. macrumors regular

Just cut it down with scissors. It's really easy, just remember which corner was the cut-off one and then keep snipping away at the plastic at the sides until it fits. You don't have to do it perfectly, you can cut off some of the contacts, you can even cut it down a bit too much so it doesn't hold anymore. It does not matter, it still works (until you snip away way too much of the contacts).

I have a sim that I cut down a bit too much and it falls through the holder, I just have to be a bit more careful when putting it in the phone. It won't fall through anywhere inside the phone anyways as there's no space for it to go either up or down in there. It works fine.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the picture, she clearly gave me micro and on top of it she made a big deal for giving it for free. well, one more trip to the tmo store.