T-Mobile shows customers the good, the bad, and the ugly coverage areas

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Abstract, May 21, 2005.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20050520/bs_ibd_ibd/2005520tech/nc:1293

Honesty is so refreshing and cool. :)

2. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

T-mobile is great, I'm glad switched from Verizon to T-mobile. I haven't had a single problem with their service.

3. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

T-Mobile is a great carrier. Now if they could only get some better phones...

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

once upon a time i had T-Mobile, no coverage issues, only issues with their customer service. i have Cingular now, but when my contract is up i think i may just go back to T-Mobile

5. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

What phone do you have? I have the Motorola v600. I wish they could get some of the high-end nokia phones.

I hated the phone selection verizon had. Plus, I hate the fact that verizon rigs their phones so that you can't download files onto your cell, i.e. ringtones, pics, etc. The motorola v710 is like that.

I also have the bluetooth Moto HS820 headset. Very slick!

6. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I have a Samsung e315, and am very happy on T-Mobile. Superb service and coverage, fair price.

7. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

wow, you guys have it tough in the states. here in the uk all the main networks (t-mobile, vodafone, o2, orange) have basically all the phones, and they're generally similarly priced.

all you normally have to do is decide which priceplan suits you best. im with o2 (www.o2.co.uk) because they have a nice website and their adverts are cool. (the sad thing is, i'm actually being serious..)

8. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I can't remember what it's called, but Congress passed a law requiring all phones to work with all carriers; I think It's 2007 or 2008, but at that time you'll be able to switch carriers without buying a new phone :) I beleve they passed it along with the law requiring number portability.

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I remember this being discussed, but does anyone have linkety on the conclusion to this? How on earth is this going to be implemented when so few carriers even use the same communications protocol in the US? There aren't exactly a lot of CDMA/GSM combo phones on the market.... :(

10. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

perhaps it just means they'll all be "carrier unlocked" but you still need a gsm phone for a gsm network, etc? btw, love gsm but it made me get new speakers :eek: damn unshielded cable...

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Could be.... Too bad about the speakers...I considered it kind of a benefit, since it was farther away in the spectrum from BT and 802.11.... :D

I'm getting very, very tempted by Cingular and a cheap RAZR...but I think I will not make a decision at least until the iTunes phone finally comes out....

12. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

But you still need to talk to people who live near you whether you get a signal or not. With Orange, I couldn't get a signal where I lived. So sad. I had to walk out and to the park to talk to anyone on my mobile. It was just an SMS machine while I was at home. :eek: Vodafone worked fine.

Otherwise, you'll need to find the exact spot in your house where you might get a signal. For me, it was at the left edge of the big front window.

I hear The Streets had the same problem. :p