T O s an eagle!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by windowsblowsass, Mar 16, 2004.

1. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

um, w00t? :confused:

*waits for his 'boys to find the next Troy Aikman/Emmitt Smith combo* :(

3. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

This sucks for the game of football. TO may be talented but he's the biggest pain in the ***. It's really sad that after HE screwed up and his AGENT screwed up and that the 49ers, Ravens and Eagles all did perfectly legal things to move him around, he has to bi*** and moan and act like a ***** baby AND finally gets his way.

TO- Just wait til you act stupid in Philly...those fans will hit you with beer bottles, not just boos.

4. windowsblowsass thread starter macrumors 6502a

actually the ravens just decided never to deal with him and sent him back to the 9ners who sent him to philly they didnt even waitfor the ruling and your right if to screws up one game and gets booed off the field and then mobbed the next day hell understand what philly means

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

amen to that! hehehe... is it wrong to look forward to that?? cause you just KNOW it's gonna happen...

6. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

another hothead

Well, I will be in beer tossing distance of the Eagles bench. I love my new season tix at the Linc. I just think he is going to screw up our team. Philly already has to deal with Iverson, now this. Philly sports are going downhill.

Hickman

7. howard macrumors 68020

howard

I totally agree about TO's behaviour, he is a spoiled brat...

however theres no doubt about his ability as a football player, and i think eagles will do very well next year... mcnabb and TO on the same team? watch out!!

8. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

At least he won't be complaining about not getting the ball enough. Pinkston and Thrash have been very disappointing. As long as Reid can keep the team together, then the Eagles will do well.

Hickman

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Hooray finally a decent receiver, heh if TO can catch 9 TD's with Garcia who is decent, McNabb is going to light things up with TO on the other end;)
    Les hope Philly reforms him, I think next season is going to be sweet as long as the defensive and offensive lines get healthy.

10. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

McNabb is the biggest joke of a Quarterback IMO. He is so overrated. Jeff Garcia is 10x the quarterback that McNabb is. McNabb is not a sit in the pocket type of player, he always wants to run it. People always think that the fast QB (Vick) is the best. Well, you tell me when the last time a Vick style quarterback won the SuperBowl?

McNabb chokes under pressure too. What happened in the playoffs? Oh he was hurting? His backup did better than he did.

11. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Jeff George had a great amount of talent too and look how far he got. Prima donna players that b**ch more than they deliver don't last long no matter how much skill they have. No team wants a player that is a morale killing cancer.

Lethal

12. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

...but now, the picture may have changed

with the big riff between "TO" and coach reid in training camp, there may be no more star receiver for philadelphia

his antics are terrible, as i have witnessed as a 49ers fan, but nothing takes away his 95 touchdown receptions in 9 years...and yes, he will make 100 but maybe not in an eagles uniform

but being from northern california, i am used to prima donna sports heroes like reggie jackson and jose canseco ;)

edit...as for prima donnas, i want to add barry bonds

13. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

14. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

damn straight

15. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Excuse me!

What about Green Bay's finest: Brett Favre?! He may be getting on in years, but he's still the best overall QB in the game, IMO. You can't deny the 3-time MVP!

<----------- Proud to be a Packer fan!

16. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    5 years ago, I'd have given Brett the best overall QB playing badge with little question. Now I'm not quite so sure, while he's still capable of that trademark 4th quarter comeback, it's just as likely he'll throw a bonehead interception like in the Eagles playoff game or that stupid forward pass at the goal-line last year that he shrugged off. The old Favre wouldn't have been shrugging...
    That Lambeau mystique hasn't been the same since they rebuilt although it is an amazing stadium. I was there for MNF last year (that dreadful Titans loss) and the fans were brilliant - staying to the bitter end, unlike most hometown MNF fans when the home team are being hammered.

As for T.O., I lost all respect for him shortly after that '99 playoff game where he caught the winning TD from Steve Young and seemed to turn into a prima donna. He never had much respect for authority but after Mooch left, he seemed to go entirely off the rails and I'm not really surprised that the honeymoon period is over in Philly. It will be interesting to see what the Eagles do and speculate on what they might have done if Pinkston wasn't out for the season. There's chat on profootballtalk.com that they might decide addition by subtraction is the answer and, like the Pats/Vikings, go without a star receiver - and save themselves millions of dollars. But that they might not bother cutting him until just before the bonus is due to make it hard for him. I'm not sure how vindictive the Eagles management is!

17. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I suppose I can agree with you on the INTs. :) He's not perfect anymore, and there are some great up-and-comers in the league. But when the Pack is in a good groove (season-wise, or game-wise) they've consistently been a force to be reckoned with. Sometimes, those grooves are hard to get into.

18. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

The Pats fanatics still have the goods IMO (and I'm a Rams/Titans fan).
    1-Arguably the best coach in both AFC and NFC - he's a beast
    2-Balance in offense and defense (injuries might figure in this season).
    3-No BIG egos (aka TO's) - Brady [Bledsoe] & Co. quietly quick butt and that's a tribute both to coaching staff and team members who don't let their personnel trip.
    4-They've found a way to win the big ones. Does TO have a ring, yet? Can't remember?
    X
    Edit: duh, my bad; but it does make the point on Big Personalities

19. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Cept Bledsoe hasn't been around in about 4 years

20. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i think he is definitely in the top five and even if he were the fifth best of the top five, that is truly amazing for someone his age and someone who has endured the injuries and drug problems he has

if anyone can play until they are 40 at qb, it would be brett...even though i root for the niners or raiders, it would be great to see him with one more superbowl appearance and hopefully another ring

for my top vote for first string, old man legend, ronny lott who retired an oakland raider is the man...and on the 8th day, god created ronny lott and proclaimed he would play in the nfl for the longest time ;)