T.O. suicide?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KingYaba, Sep 27, 2006.

1. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I was listening to the radio and they said the news channels, fox 4 and channel 8 were reporting that Terrel Owens went to the hospital for an OD on pills.......... WTF :confused: :confused:

http://www.wfaa.com/

2. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Even the most happy people can feel suicidal on the inside, to most people I have/had a completey fake persona I used to use as a shield and to them the fact that I'd had such thoughts would come as a massive shock.

(btw, I have no idea who this guy is other than from a brief skim read on his wikipedia page, I'm just makeing a general comment.)

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    :confused: Makes no sense... that guy is seriously screwed up though.

I remember when he first came into the league and was shy with reporters and modest when he made the gamewinning TD against Green Bay in a wildcard game in 1999. How times changed...

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

ESPN version makes it sound like an allergic reaction to something...just cover?

Edit: ESPN are now reflecting the same story as the lead to this thread:

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

6. KingYaba thread starter macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Not at all. It was first reported that TO had been admited to the hostpital due to a bad reaction to the painpills.

Just an hour ago the Dallas police report had said that TO had attempted suicide. THen fox news, cbs news, and now cnn were covering this...

TO, Dallas loves you man! Don't let this be true!

7. KingYaba thread starter macrumors 68040

KingYaba

8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

News conference at 1:30 PM Central. Seems a bit late to me if he just had another reaction to the meds. Either Dallas is figuring out what to say right now, or they're still trying to find out what happened.

9. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I am the biggest Cowboys fan out there, but... Saying our boys need him is insensitive. The only people that need TO is his family. I wish him the best and hope he makes a complete recovery both physically and mentally.

10. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

11. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

This may sound harsh but, why does this clown continue to receive attention? Just another chapter in his own little world. He represents what is wrong with Professional sports today. These people have no idea what it is like to survive in the real world of daily living. These prima donnas think the world should bow down to them. I am sick of Professional sports (Football, Baseball and Basketball) because of them. Where are the sports figures I grew up admiring?
    The guys who played in the late 60's and 70's, before money became the only issue. They played the game because they wanted to, not because of some over-the-top contract. Just my thoughts.

12. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I think we may be the ones who do not get it. We think because they have all this money, that they should shut up and be happy. This just shows that money does not buy happiness and if it does buy some, it is only temporary. I am not supporting how he acts sometimes, but I feel for him and his family.

13. KingYaba thread starter macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Well of course his family needs him the most. But that doesn't change the fact that our 'Boys need him as well!

14. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Are you kidding me? The players from the 60s and 70s did just as many outlandish things as players from now do. They didn't live in a world where they were constantly watched by 24-hour news cameras and were considered to be on a different level from what we consider these players to be on now.

The 49ers and the Eagles both told Owens that he should go and get checked out by a mental health expert because they worried about the way he carried himself and the way he reacted to different situations. It's easily apparent that he needed help before and that he really needs it now.

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I guess the attention whore was sad he slipped to the second page of the newspapers :rolleyes:

16. islandman macrumors 6502

17. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I can hardly believe all of these insenstive remarks. I can understand if people do not like TO. But, put all of that aside. A man tried to end his life, reportedly, and that is truly said, regardless of how you feel about him. :confused:

18. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    *yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn* Another over-paid, useless human being who's SO depressed with all of his money and fame and fortune. Screw him. I say give his money to someone who deserves it. They'll go fill his shoes and won't act like a little bitch.

19. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I don't know if TO made very much money last year ... but he's not a poor guy either.

I think we 'd al lget depressed if we had to stop doing what we love because of repeated injuries, at the same time I don't think suicide is the answer for this. I think T.O. was probably trying to kill himself if he took the reported 35 pills and he knew that he would react to them, he's lucky he was saved but maybe its time for him to leave professional sports if he can't stand the limelight.

20. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

How can you say it's just because of his injuries and limited playing time? If you look at how he constantly acts, he's either mentally ill or borderline mentally ill.

Dallas Police news conference now...

Before 8 PM last night - officers responded by request of Dallas paramedics. Paramedics were treating Owens, that he would need to go to the hospital, and officers followed ambulance. Investigation determined that it's a medical situation, not a criminal situation.

They're a bit angry over the leak of information.

No other investigation at this moment. Any other information is going to come from the hospital, Dallas medical staff, or T.O. and his representatives.

Police isn't taking any questions. At least he said he was, but he is taking some but he's not giving out any information.

21. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I think T.O. is one of the most physically gifted and talented WR's I've ever seen. I don't think I even need to tell him that ... I think he truly believes it ... and I believe that the effect of being consistently shut down, injury in 2004, suspended in 2005, hamstring and finger 2006, is taking its toll mentally

but no I agree that he's a tad crazy ... but I think most professional athletes are.

22. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

It should be noted that the call to 911 was reportedly made by someone named "Ethridge," who most likely was his publicist. Personally, I think that this was a calculated (on his part, I don't know about her) attempt to bring attention to himself. How well thought out it was, I don't know. Also, there isn't any information about who knew that he had only taken 5 of the 40 before - why are we trusting that number so readily.

Personally, I look forward to Oct. 8 at the Linc. It's going to be a vicious day - if he really was depressed, it's going to be really bad afterwards. This will make the Irvin game look tame....

23. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The suspension was his own damn fault.

24. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Agreed. And "being consistantly shut down"? Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, Marvin Harrison, et al have all coped with it. What makes him special?

I really, really, really want him to come back for the Philly game.

25. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

I can't believe them either...the guy's a tool but pete's sake, have a little compassion.