T720 Ringtones

Discussion in 'Community' started by krhodus, Mar 20, 2004.

1. krhodus macrumors member

krhodus

I just got a Motorola T720 (Cingular). I was wondering if anyone knows of a site that has codes for the My Tones program.

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

Return it. No offense, but I've heard bad things about this phone. The later versions seem to be fine (T721, T722i, T730, T731), but you may or may not be happy with the T720. I know that a lot of people have had problems with this phone. Mostly problems with software and reception, and generally bad construction. Check out http://www.howardforums.com and see if you can find something.

My uncle has one on Verizon and hates it. A friend of mine also hated his, and now has a V60i, which is probably the last great Motorola CDMA phone until the V810 and V710 come out.

3. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

I've got a T720 through Verizon and it's the biggest piece of crap I've ever had. Reception on it is poor and the thing has broken down on me twice. Take ibookin's advice and return it.

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

krhodus is asking for a site that has rings for his cell phone. He's not asking for an insult or negative feedback about the T720!

Why is it whenever the "phrase" T720 appears on one's computer monitor that someone has to think of it as an unmentionable offense or a curse of some sort?

Anyways, I also have that phone model.
    But I don't recall a My Tones program being built into the phone...I know you can customize it with ring tones of sorts. I did find this site, however, that has quite a few ring tones. And the tones are available for the T720:

http://www.sonnerie-logos.be/free-motorola.htm

5. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

I was just making the original poster aware of some issues that many have experienced with this phone.

As for getting ringtones on it, I'm not sure how it works on the Cingular version. I have a friend who used to have the Cingular version (he now has a Nokia 6200, excellent phone), so I'll ask him if was able to do it. You might be able to use SMS to send them to the phone, or you might need to have a data cable (eforcity.com sells one for that phone cheap- $6.99).

Again, sorry for posting off-topic and insulting the phone, but I don't want the poster to be 6 months into the 2-year contract he or she likely signed and end up having a bunch of problems with the phone.

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

I just didn't want this thread to turn into another anti-Symantec thread over in another forum, which ended up going nowhere fast. Plus, my venting was most directed towards Juventuz...and to anyone else that decided to increase their post count quickly by blurting out something in this thread given the keyword: T720. So I wasn't angry at your post, Josh.