Tab Drinkers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Seasought, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

Anyone else out there drink Tab? A co-worker of mine drinks it religiously and I made the mistake of trying it. I'm considering constructing an IV to better facilitate the process of Tab intake. Addiction is messy.

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I drink it and LOVE it but it is hard to find in spain so I only drink about 3 cans a month on average:(

3. Seasought thread starter macrumors 65816

Seasought

How terrible.

I didn't bother to look yet but, can you order it online? Might be cheaper now that I think about it (though shipping may be painful).

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It must have changed a lot since the early 1970s. It was Coca-Cola's only diet drink and made me think that they didn't put a soda in there but by mistake put cleaning chemicals in it.

Fresca is another one that was nearly as bad and has recently been revived.

5. Seasought thread starter macrumors 65816

Seasought

My wife made a comment similar to that. "How can you stand to drink this? This has the worst diet after-taste of any diet soda I've tried!"

"Are you mad woman?! This is nothing short of divine!" We had a good laugh.

I'll agree with you on the Fresca comment; I can't stand it, but I'm not big on citrus drinks food or anything else for that matter.

6. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I've never heard of it, so I can't say I'm a fan. As I read other posts it appears this is a diet drink, which undoubtedly means it would taste like poop to me.

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

There is a large billboard in Baltimore asking people to "rediscover fresca" :rolleyes:

although... it is tastey when mixed with the right ammont of vodka :D

8. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

15 parts vodka to 1 part fresca? :D

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If I had 15 shots of Vodka before I starting drinking Fresca, maybe, just maybe, I could handle the taste.

The only thing I remember that was worse than Tab or Fresca was Vernor's Ginger Ale. Trust me, there wasn't anything ginger about it--it was extremely hearty.

10. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Tab is readily available in the Chicagoland area. And dirt cheap too! My aunt drank it like it was going out of style a while ago.

Vernors Ginger Ale. My mom and her husband drink it daily. I once had it to help my stomach, but in fact it tasted worst than the vomit it was trying to keep down.

11. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

My thoughts exactly. Wonder if it's still made with saccharine.

Hey. I actually used to like Fresca, but see how it could be an acquired taste. One of my favorite sodas now is Pellegrino's Limonata. Sour as all heck, but very refreshing. Available at Trader Joe's.

B

12. iGary Guest

iGary

Hey, I like Fresca.

We have some in the fridge now. :)

13. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

well i found a site that sells tab cola in cases (24 cans) but it's a limit of 2 cases per order .. its $22.00 per case that only open to the lower 48 states..

So i decided to see how much shipping would cost to Patmian.. it would be 20.00 per 10 Kilos (2.2 lbs =1 kilo) :eek: :eek:

14. mikebatho macrumors 6502a

TAB:? We had it in England for about five minutes......advertised as 'The clear Cola'

It died on it's arse. God knows why, it's ony cola!!

The worst thing we ever had taken away from us that US gave us, was choc coated pretzels. We had a brand name pushing them out over here, and I loved the damned things!!!!

They shal be, no more........" ........

15. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Ah, I love Flipz (choc covered pretzels). every time I'm at the theater, i'll buy a bag.

16. mikebatho macrumors 6502a

I want choc pretzls....... None over here!!! They must be mine!!!!!!!!

17. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

18. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

19. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

20. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Damn i thought this thread was going to be about people who have a Tab at the Bar o_O

21. mac-er macrumors 65816

Yes it does.

Attached Files:

22. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Scary people in your family. <ducks>

I'd rather drink pickle brine than some of these drinks.

When I used to live in the Philadelphia area, Frank's Beverages had a great Black Cherry soda, and Canada Dry Phila. had both a great Black Cherry and one called Island Lime and Pineapple soda, too. When I was back there in July, they were all gone. :(

23. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I enjoy both Fresca and Tab soda, but it is rare that I get the chance to drink either. My parents don't buy it, and it isn't in the soda machines at school, and I don't see 20oz bottles of it. So, both are rare for me.

24. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Oh yeah, Tab Clear. Fortunately that was a short lived experiment. Normal Tab is brown, basically the predecessor to Diet Coke that refuses to die.

25. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Well, I couldn't get a bigger picture but this is what we have to deal with down here. None of this Tab or Fresca or whatever they are, just straight to the hard stuff. This is the biggest photo of the can I could find, might get a bigger one next time I go shopping.

[​IMG]