Tabbed Browsing in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mooshoo, Nov 1, 2005.

1. mooshoo macrumors regular

Apr 14, 2004
    I usually have multiple tabs of Safari running under the same window. What I'm wondering is if there is a keyboard shortcut to switch through all the tabbed windows within the main window. It's a bit tedious to have to shuffle my hands from the keyboard to the mouse/pad. I know of the regular command ~, but that's only shuffling through all the main windows under the same app. Thanks!

right. most current OS. PB.
  2. HexMonkey Administrator

Staff Member

Feb 5, 2004
    New Zealand
    Command-{ and command-} switch to the previous and next tab respectively. Alternatively, command-shift-left and command-shift-right do the same thing, but don't work when editing text in a text field.
  3. mooshoo thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 14, 2004
    Ah. Excellent. Thank you very much. The command{ } was not what I was looking for. The second set was the right one. You've made my life just that bit easier :)
  4. dogbone macrumors 68020

Sep 16, 2005
    S33.687308617200465 E150.31341791152954
    What I like about this forum is that you can click on a thread that appears to be about nothing at all like tabbed browsing and you learn an excellent new trick.

I have already assigned that one to my wacom touch key as a shortcut. Brilliant