Tabbing in Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by elbirth, Jun 9, 2006.

1. elbirth macrumors 65816

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this... I just got my MacBook Pro back from Apple for repair (which unfortunately they didn't fix half of what's wrong with it and now I have the horrible whining noise, which I never had before with my Revision A)

But anyway, I decided to reinstall the OS to start back fresh again, but I can't seem to get tabbing back like it was in Firefox. For anyone that uses Windows (I'm a switcher), this should be familiar to you- you're filling out online forms and you hit tab to go to the next text field and when you encounter a radio button, check box, or drop-down menu, you can tab to those as well. For drop-down menus you can begin typing a word and it'll begin selecting the entry based on what you type.

Firefox used to do this before I reinstalled everything, and now it doesn't... I remember having this same problem when I first got my Mac in February, but I can't for the life of me remember how I was able to get it to work... does anyone know?

2. MacBoyX macrumors 6502

MacBoyX

Are you having this issue in FIREFOX or Safari? In Safari tabbed browsing is not enabled by default. Go into your Safari Prferences and there is a Tabbed Browsing section, turn it on. You should be ok after that.

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Try this: System preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Full keyboard access -> Check All controls.

4. elbirth thread starter macrumors 65816

It's in Firefox, I don't use Safari- and it's actually not an issue with tabbed browsing, but rather, being able to press the tab key on the keyboard to move around the page.

At first I didn't think this was working, but I restarted Firefox and it does! Thanks so much! I don't remember messing with this option before, but I notice it has ctrl+F7 as a shortcut, so maybe I hit that one day when I was messing around.
    I get really slowed down at work not being able to tab around, and my speed is now back, so again thanks!!