Table/Desk Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ryan42, Nov 11, 2004.

1. ryan42 macrumors 6502

ryan42

I'm looking for a nice table/desk that would go nice with a G4 MDD. My ideal width is ~72" and about 35" deep. I haven't been able to find anything so far. Thanks for suggestions.

~/Ryan

2. mslifkin macrumors regular

mslifkin

Ryan,

Check out Anthro (http://www.anthro.com/_AC_LargeAnthroCarts.asp) They're a little expensive, but very well engineered. I've got the 72" cart, 30" deep with shelves on top and bottom, and it's very solid. I've stood on it while it was loaded up with all of my equipment, and it didn't budge (and I'm no lightweight!) It comes knocked down, so you do have to assemble it, but it's really easy to do. Just to give you an idea of what I've got on mine:

Top shelf: PowerMac G5, PowerMac G4, Olympus P400 printer, assorted external hard drives.

Main desk: 23" HP flat panel display, Apple keyboard, Wacom 6x8 tablet, scanner, Epson ink jet printer, left ,right, & center surround sound speakers, USB hub, ethernet switch, iPod dock

Bottom shelf: 2 PCs, subwoofer.

I'm really happy with it. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Marc

3. sigamy macrumors 65816

Try Pottery Barn. Maybe you can even get them to explain how they have a complete home office with zero cables and even less clutter.

4. solidGas macrumors newbie

I bought the Nova desk from http://www.daniafurniture.com/.

It is suiting my needs very well. They also have many other nice desks. If you go to the store they have more options.

5. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

Cowinkydink all the desks have Macs on them.

6. dotnina macrumors 6502a

That is a gorgeous desk! Does it look as good as it does in the pictures?

My desk is a little similar (see pic) ... I bought it used off eBay for less than $100. If you're going for a stylish desk that you can't afford, definetely consider Craigslist or eBay.

Were you looking for something in glass? Something L-shaped, or just one big desk? Just anything to match a Mac? :p

Attached Files:

7. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

*Drool* haha never thought about something to match a mac..