Tablet for iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by friedymeister69, Mar 14, 2006.

1. friedymeister69 macrumors member

I am interested in buying a tablet for my new iMac. By tablet, I'm talking about one of those square things that allows you to draw on it and display it on teh screen. Forgive me if I sound retarded, I would be using this with photoshop.

Anyone have some recommendations?

2. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

3. friedymeister69 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. I'm no professional but from what i've read, it is awkward to use the smaller pads. If I am going to get a tablet I don't want to get a crappy one. I would merely be using it with photoshop for some photo touchups (possibly), random photoshop stuff, maybe designing some websites, etc.

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

On the wacom web site they have a automated "wizard" that asks you questions and then recommens one of thier tablets. You might think it would simply always recommend the most expnsive tablet they make but no. It really does do the right thing and take into concideration your workspace and usage.

You want one that is sized "right" for your use. To large and you need to move you whole arm. To small and you can't do detail work

Also for an iMac you may want a wide format tablet to match the wide LCD.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

DO NOT use those 4.95 drivers.

I just downloaded them and now tablet preferences are reporting my tablet is unsupported.

Had to remove them and go back a revision 4.94

Intuos 3 on Intel Imac

Also if you any software like Corel Painter. Make sure you update to 9.5 as the older version 9, 9.1b both crash out with a compatability bug with the wacom drivers too...

:( :( :(

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yes, this can be very confusing. Wacom have a few different Mac drivers, but the version numbers are all close enough that it can appear they are all the same. Use the selector thingy at Wacom to find the correct driver for the tablet. (The 4.95 should be just the right thing for the Graphires.)

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I got an email from one of the tech's at Wacom a few weeks ago. 4.95 will be available for the intuos but doesn't know when :rolleyes:

8. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I really wish they would hurry (in the right way). It would've made it nice to start with as a few of us thought our Tablets wouldn't work with our nice new Core Duos that we bought ;)

9. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

all ready out, I have it installed on my intel Imac