tablets for osx

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by billy wizz, Jan 20, 2004.

1. billy wizz macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Greetings from Billy Whizz. Need some advice - Want to buy a good reasonably priced pen & tablet system for my powerbook to run on os x. Tried a Trust 400, but the osx driver didn't work. Is Wacom the only way to go?

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

3. sp00rk macrumors newbie

Yeah a Wacom would be the obvious choice. I've had an Intuos2 4x5 tablet for almost a year now with no problems at all. Though, usually when I'm playing a game I like to switch to a different mouse. The mouse takes some time to get used to.

4. beg_ne macrumors 6502

I've had nothing but pleasure from my Wacom Tablets. Drivers work great on OS X and I've never had any kind of problems.

Personally I wouldn't bother with anything but a Wacom tablet as I've never heard great things about their competitors.

5. Alte22a macrumors 6502

Yeap wacom intuo2, I have A4 for the desktop and a A6 mini one for my PB. they are very nice. But maybe the Graphire is better as a cheaper and portable version, since the pen clips to the top of the tablet. Cant live wihout them.

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Intuo has features that I feel are more then worth the extra money. Better pressure sensitivity and angle of brush etc.. Also it comes with Adobe Elements if you don't already have it.