Taboo for Safari not working?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Maynerd, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Maynerd macrumors regular

Hey all,

I installed Taboo for Safari and for some reason it doesn't seem to be working. I installed the program using their installer. If I have open tabs it is not giving me a warning at all and it just closes. Any ideas how to fix this or why this might be happening? I have an intel iMac btw.

Thanks!

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Did you quit Safari and re-start it? Also are you sure you have a relatively recent version of SIMBL?

And you understand that it does not give you a warning to close a tab -- only to close an entire window / quit Safari?

3. Maynerd thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I quit Safari and re-started it.

I do not know if I have a recent version of SIMBL, I assume I do, how do I check the version, get the latest version, and install the latest version?

Yes I understand about how it is supposed to operate. I opened a few tabs then I tried closing the entire window and also tried to quit Safari as well. Both instances gave me no warning about open tabs. :(

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

SIMBL is a third-party framework, so if you have never installed it yourself, you don't have it at all—that's why Taboo isn't working. :)

6. Maynerd thread starter macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure I've installed it thru another 3rd party app. I've seen the thingy hangin around my mac so I definately have it.