Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoid

macrumors 601
Original poster
So this was going to be thread asking if there was a way to switch between tabs in Safari without having to use the mouse to click on them. I even looked through the Safari Help thing and got nothing. Then as I was typing I considered the option of just going back to non-tabbed browsing and toggling through windows. I checked it out in the Window menu, and sure-as-**** there sits the keyboard shortcut for switching between tabs! Glad I found that before I submitted. I'm reminded of the time a friend of mine said he didn't use Safari because you couldn't search from the menu-bar like in IE. I gave him a dose of the 'it's right ****ing there pill' but it appears that I should have kept it for myself. :p

HexMonkey

Administrator emeritus
Feb 5, 2004
New Zealand
Originally posted by abhishekit
and how do you do that...tab switchin with keyboard?/:confused:

Previous tab is command-shift-left arrow and next tab is command-shift-right arrow. They are the third and forth items in the Window menu.

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Kind of an akward shortcut. I prefer something like command-e or something. I also discovered a shortcut I never noticed anywere. When I switched to OSX from windows, I missed the option of continuing a text search by tapping enter. When you search (command-f), you can keep the search going by tapping command-g. It works fine for me, but my friend (running 10.2) couldn't do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.