Tactical Ops: Crossfire Prerelease

Discussion in 'Games' started by Santaduck, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2003
    Here is some news on Tactical Ops' update for Unreal Tournament 2004.

For those of you who don't know the original TO was probably the most popular mod (free) for Unreal Tournament, with an online population greater than some of the stock UT gametypes. It was a semi-realism shooter with an emphasis more towards action.

It has now been updated as a free mod for UT2004, and the pre-release period just begin Apr 21, and the official release is April 28.

That means you can now download the server version. You can also download (via bittorrent only) the client, but the client is encrypted with a password that will only be released on April 28.

Also, it has been well tested on Mac, and the Mac member of the mod team was also the betatester for the original TO, as well as TOST (the anti cheat tool), and he is also a Mac tester for Ryan Gordon for UT2004.

We just interviewed him too, so you can read that while you're waiting for the 28th to roll by.

(If you don't know what a mod is: This downloadable game is free, although you must have a legitimate installation of Unreal Tournament 2004, which it will use.)

1) TO:Crossfire Official Site info on the pre-release, downloading, etc.

2) Inteview with Petter F from the TO:C team Mac screenshots included.
  2. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2005
    Finnaly I can play this game. I still have the AoT UT 99 version on my drive.
  3. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005