Tactical ops on mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by ooagentbender, Mar 1, 2003.

1. ooagentbender macrumors member

I was told by many sources that it is possible to use Tactical Ops on mac but I am having trouble finding an online guide. If anyone knows where I can find one I would be greatful.

2. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

Re: Tactical ops on mac

try this
    http://www.transit.se/~carle/aotguide2/

3. job macrumors 68040

job

Damnit I miss this game.

I used to play it when it was still beta 1.2/1.6.

I've played most of the recent versions, but UT/TO performance under OS X leaves much to be desired.

Ah well. Maybe when they finally release a full X update for UT...and I get a better computer. :p

4. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

Yeah I played all the way to 2.2
    Now i play the third reich but still ut x leaves a lot to be desired maybe 2k3 will be better and hopefully the mods will still work

5. job macrumors 68040

job

The mods are going to have to be redone from scratch if you want them to work with UT2k3. The overall textures and models may still be the same, but the mod itself will probably have to be recompiled.

Is "Third Reich" any good?

What is it's performance under X?

6. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

I like it a lot. It is a small community about fifty that play. The servers are mostly in Europe so I average a 200 ping on most of them except one(I have about a 60).
    I really like the fact that there are no crosshairs only iron sights for aiming. The maps and skins are very good. The only problems I have are occaisional crashes (due to UT). My framerates seem OK. They are comprable to my brother in laws P4 1.4GHz and I have a Dual 450 with 512Mb and an ATI 8500 with 64 Mb ddr card. Here is the link http://www.thethirdreich.com/. Check it out:)