Tactics games??

Discussion in 'Games' started by kakkoiimac, Oct 9, 2006.

1. kakkoiimac macrumors regular

hey everyone...i just got my 2gh 2gb macbook and now i NEED some games! I love tactics games...like Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem...i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. Old games are fine too as i have never really played games PC/mac before...always on a console. Any suggestions would be great...thanks

2. mufflon macrumors 6502

by tactics are we speaking RTS / Turn based strategy games / small group of ppl game thingy / something I haven't mentioned? I'm guessing on the 3rd alternative , not really one of my favoruite genres, but role playing games can't be all that far off? Try Baldurs gate II, which is by far my favoruite game, almost got myslef a pc just to be able to play it once I realised how poor the mac port was (became better after a while, but still some glitches)...

... I would love to help more, is there any specific period of time / fantasy which interest you more than other periods?

3. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I hear civ 4 is good ... me i have boot camp and waiting impatiently for medieval2:total war big fan of rome ... definitely check out baldurs gate2 or anything from bioware (you just can't go wrong with them)

EDIT - Neverwinter nights is fantastic as a rpg you can get on the cheap with nwn2 about to come out and the mac version has the diamond pack for about $30

4. kakkoiimac thread starter macrumors regular

thanks

umm...well any time period is great. The games im really into are turn based strategy games. I really got into Master of Orion 1 and 2...SF and Fantasy are wonderful. Also i am a total noob...As far as boot camp goes...how can i get it and what do i have to do to get it to work? thanks for the help.