tag updates in library and ipod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sbtm77, Jul 25, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

First post here. Hopefully won't be too much of asking but rather contributing.

Here is the situation I am in: I added my music folder to iTunes and sync'd it with my iPod touch 2nd gen. Then I went in to the library and changes around a bunch of tags. Mainly name, and artist. I then connected my iPod and syn'd it with the library.

Problem here is that the changes didn't get sync'd with the iPod.

Anyway I can force it to update the tags instead of deleting all the songs from the iPod and then reselecting which songs. My library is big and I haven't uploaded all my songs into the iPod and selecting the songs again just bores me to death :cool:

Thanks.

2. Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Have you tried syncing it again?

Do you have it set to manually sync, or sync to a playlist?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

The option set is "Manually manage music and video". And I have sync'd the ipod quite a few time but nothing.

BUT, under the Music tab "Sync Music" is unchecked cause I have two options: either "all songs and playlists" or "selected playlists". The first one is not checked because I don't want to sync all songs from the library and the second option is not selected because I don't have any playlists setup yet.

4. Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You could try a Restore, although, you might still have to select all the songs again.

If you do, I'd set up a playlist, and have it sync that instead of manually managing the music.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Did just that. Lost everything. Songs and Apps!

Oh well... thanks for your help though.