Tagging Videos as TV Episodes

Discussion in 'iPod' started by JonHimself, Mar 16, 2007.

1. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Ok, so I searched the forums and found that what I'm doing *should* work, but is not and was hoping for some help. I have imported some .mp4 files into iTunes and, as expected, they showed up in Movies. I used the Get Info option and changed the video type to TV Show.. worked fine, shows up under TV Shows in iTunes... it Front Row however, they are not listed in TV Shows, nor are they listed under Movies. Is there any reason for this? Does anyone else experience this? Would using the script to change the video type solve this problem? It's really late and I can't be bothered to go through the script process right now to try it and was hoping someone might have experience with this...

2. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

iTunes sets the flag on its own database, and it doesn't work that great. Using Lostify on the file before importing works a lot better.

3. JonHimself thread starter macrumors 68000

JonHimself

4. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Thank You For Telling Us About Losify

Thanks a lot. I did not know about Lostify at all. Fantastic solution.

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

There's also a really nice little script for iTunes that I think I grabbed at dougsscripts.com that will do this for files in iTunes, with the added bonus of adding episode numbers sequentially for a group of files (you give it the number to start from). Very handy for batch tagging shows imported from DVD etc.

6. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

DougScripts.com

Thanks.

Wrong URL only ONE "S" That's Dougscripts.com

Can't find it. Can you for us please?

7. reubs macrumors 68000

Thanks for this info. I was having the same problems getting 24 to show up as a TV show on my iPod...I could import it as a Movie but not as a TV show. Shows DLed from iTunes show up in the TV field just fine. Kind of screwy. I guess that is one of the things that doesn't "just work."