Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
I need to install an older version of itunes to get my taig jailbreak to work. If I uninstall the current version of itunes and install the older version, do I lose my current itunes backup for my iphone?

hakuna-matata

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2011
I need to install an older version of itunes to get my taig jailbreak to work. If I uninstall the current version of itunes and install the older version, do I lose my current itunes backup for my iphone?
If you are receiving ''Apple Driver Hasn’t Been Found'' error, just download the driver from link below and jailbreak without downgrading iTunes version : http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-apple-driver-hasnt-been-found-error-during-taig-ios-8.3-jailbreak/
For downgrading help see this http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-downgrade-itunes-12.1-to-12.0.1-on-windows-or-mac-tutorial/

Reactions: Applejuiced

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
The newest version of TaiG should work fine with the latest iTunes.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
The newest version of TaiG should work fine with the latest iTunes.
I wish it would. I have the newest version of iTunes and of taig and all the messages I get from taig are in Chinese so I don't know what error I have, but it's in red and doesn't start the jailbreak.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
If you are receiving ''Apple Driver Hasn’t Been Found'' error, just download the driver from link below and jailbreak without downgrading iTunes version : http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-apple-driver-hasnt-been-found-error-during-taig-ios-8.3-jailbreak/
For downgrading help see this http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-downgrade-itunes-12.1-to-12.0.1-on-windows-or-mac-tutorial/
Thanks, I already have the tutorial and information on how to do it. I just wanted to know if the iPhone backups I have will be accessed through the older version of iTunes that I will install, or if they'll be deleted when I delete iTunes.

hakuna-matata

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2011
Thanks, I already have the tutorial and information on how to do it. I just wanted to know if the iPhone backups I have will be accessed through the older version of iTunes that I will install, or if they'll be deleted when I delete iTunes.
When you uninstall iTunes, the iTunes library isn't modified, so you won't lose your backups. However, you should make a copy of your backups just in case something doesn't work as expected.

You can manually copy your backups and paste it back after new iTunes version is installed.
In Windows 7, iOS device backups are saved in following folder (assuming C: is the drive where windows 7 is installed): C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Note: Appdata folder might be hidden.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Chinese? Did you download TaiG from the English site? http://www.taig.com/en/

Which version of TaiG are you using?
Just downloaded using the link you provided, getting the error message that itunes isn't installed. I tried both available versions of taig on the english website, the beta and the standard option.

Last edited:

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
Apple driver hasn't been found.
Please download and install iTunes.
Try uninstalling everything Apple related from the Add or Remove Programs panel. Where it says the company it's from, it should say Apple by the program name. This means uninstalling anything like Bonjour or the Mobile support functionality ... literally everything Apple related. Once you remove all that ... restart the computer and then re-install the latest iTunes. Then try jailbreaking again.

hakuna-matata

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2011
To uninstall iTunes from windows 7
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204275

From Apple Support website:
Don't uninstall these components in a different order than given below, or only uninstall some of them. Doing so might have unintended effects.

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:
  1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later). On some systems, iTunes might install two versions of Apple Application Support. This is expected. If both are present, be sure to uninstall both versions.

Last edited:

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
I've uninstalled them in random orders several times without any problems. I think they're being overly cautious. If you uninstall random ones and keep others, then that might cause problems since they're dependent upon each other, but if you're uninstalling all of them, it doesn't really matter what order you uninstall them.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
While at 60% it got to the point of trying to inject the jailbreak and the popup message was "jailbreak failed".

Just ran it through taig again and it seems like it worked the second time. I have cydia on my homescreen. It's preparing filesystem now, I'll report if it completes or not.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
While at 60% it got to the point of trying to inject the jailbreak and the popup message was "jailbreak failed".

Just ran it through taig again and it seems like it worked the second time. I have cydia on my homescreen. It's preparing filesystem now, I'll report if it completes or not.

When I jailbreaked mine when the TaiG 8.4 came out I had to deleat iTunes and install 12.0.1 and I still have all my backups.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012

Glad it worked. Sorry it was a pain in the butt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.