Tailhook NFL style

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stubeeef, Jun 1, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    After being in the Navy during the Tailhook "years", this stuff seems like stupid people acting stupid. (read compound interest)

2. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

Jan 24, 2004
    East Lansing, MI
    It is called "The Decline of Western Civilization" stubeeef. Clueless professionals churning out this stuff and actually getting paid to do so only this guy is now in the hand-out line.

How many people would give anything to have the job Reynolds squandered? PR Director of a storied NFL franchise is pretty high up. Jeez, what a top-down moron...
  3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Seems it worked a little too well.

One of those "It seemed like a good idea at the time......"

D :rolleyes:
  4. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I watched the video (or excerpts from it) yesterday from the sfgate.com site - after promising sfgatethat I wasn't easily shocked and above the age of consent!

I couldn't quite believe the lack of professionalism from all angles. Production was poor, the script was lacking, the humour was prepubescent and the irony of what they were 'doing' and what they were telling the players was overwhelming. I accept it was for 'private' viewing but still...

I appreciate that that was part of the point but if the players are young/naive enough to need some of those warnings, they're more likely to take away the attitude that the team don't worry about insulting people so why should they? It was more about 'if you get into trouble, call us' than 'avoid trouble in the first place'.
  5. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Sadly, nothing will probably happen to the 49'ers or Reynolds. :eek:
  6. strider42 macrumors 65816

Feb 1, 2002
    well, the team is looking for tax payer dollars to fund their long delayed stadium and mall project. Pissing of the Mayor is not a good way to move that project forward.
  7. calyxman macrumors 6502a

Apr 17, 2005
    You can view some of those videos here, although I shoud WARN you it's NWS and contains nudity.

All I can say is shame on those guys. They get paid so much money and they lack any morals or decency. I could care less for the NFL. This kind of stuff kind of turns you away from watching professional sports because you get the sense you're watching a bunch of rich phonies like Terrell Owens and Randy Moss.
  8. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    I dont know, I thought it was rather humorous. I mean it certainly gets the point across than some dry harrassment video.
  9. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Well Reynolds has already 'voluntarily' left. The Niners - yeah, less is likely to happen - aside from their new stadium getting harder to sell to the Mayor. But then again, Terry Donahue, who should have been overseeing what the Director of Publicity is getting up to, has already been fired and there's a new coach in town who's already said this wouldn't happen on his watch. It's going to be hard to punish the team with the main protaginists gone.
  10. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2005
    Hmmm. Most of the men in the NFL are minorities, and... they make fun of minorities in the video? Brilliant, I tell ya. Just brilliant.
  11. JDar macrumors 6502a

Dec 7, 2003
    The training video is rude, crude, and obnoxious--a perfect match for its target audience. Really funny, too.
  12. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    If you're going to be tasteless and crass you might as well also be funny. This was just pathetic.
  13. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Jul 4, 2004
    Please, please bring back Eddie DeBartolo to save that team. They have done poorly on the field and worse off the field without Eddie. He made some mistakes, but he knew how to run a football team.