Taiwan Shipping????????????

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Harry K., Dec 24, 2003.

1. Harry K. macrumors member

I recently ordered a powerbook from the Apple Store to get here in time for Christmas. I ordered it on the 20th and with 2-3 day shipping. Now I check back on it, and it's in Taiwan and expected to arrive on the 29th. I just can't understand why they ship from Taiwan. My brother ordered a 12" on the same day and his arrived today. Please, could you tell me what's up with that, and why they ship from Taiwan?

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Most new apple computers come from taiwan or atleast all the laptops i've gotten have. Sorry it took so long for you

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

4. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Re: Taiwan Shipping????????????

You see the reason they come from Taiwan is because they are made there. Apple can't just use a translocator to send them across the world from where they are made to their destination. Just be happy you are getting a Powerbook.

5. Macpoops macrumors 6502

you should know better then to order a christmas present on the 20th and expect it there in 4 days without ordering next day shipping. It'd the holidays do you have any idea how many packages are shipped during that time. General rule of thumb in my opinion. during the christmas holiday expect everything to take twice as long. It's just the nature of the beast. It's in consistant too.

You said your brother ordered one the same day. He didn't happen to order from someone else other then Apple did he? If he did chances are it didn't come from taiwan it came from a US warehouse

6. pinto32 macrumors 6502

Also, did your brother simply order a pre-configured model, without any BTO options? If this is the case, then they probably justg shipped it from the nearest Apple Store. I ordered a BTO iBook on the 15th, and it arrived (from Taiwan) on the 24th.