Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kick52

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
England
Hi.

My original AC adaptor for my iBook has a bad lead. It will only charge the 'book if it is at a specific angle etc. Anyone know if I can take apart the thing? I'd like to try and repair it. Looks as though I might be able to take it apart via wedging it open..

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
You can, but the amount of work involved may not be worth it (and if you damage the case, I'd highly suggest trashing it). If you need, you can find third party power adapters for about half the price of OEM ones...

kick52

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
England
You can, but the amount of work involved may not be worth it (and if you damage the case, I'd highly suggest trashing it). If you need, you can find third party power adapters for about half the price of OEM ones...

Do you have any idea how I take it apart? (I don't really mind if I do destroy the casing.)

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
Some. It's a pressure/clip case, like ibooks (but much harder to get open). Ten to one you can find an illustrated guide with a little googling. ;)

EDIT: I'm PRETTY sure it's a pressure/clip case. If not, borrow a dremel to cut it open (CAREFULLY) and use epoxy or superglue (again, carefully) to reseal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.