Take app from dock

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tcamposr, Mar 3, 2007.

1. tcamposr macrumors newbie

Hi:

I know every application running appears on the dock. Is there any way to have an application running and not see it on the dock? something like a hidden running application...

Thanks

TC

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Have a look at Dockless. It hasn't been updated in a while, but everything I've read says that it's still working fine on new systems.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo iMac with 10.4.8 and Dockless works perfectly.

4. tcamposr thread starter macrumors newbie

5. tcamposr thread starter macrumors newbie

help!!!

I installed dockless and did not like it. I unnistalled it using appdelete and then 3 things appeared on my dock 1. a docklike icon that says program is not responding 2. a loginwindow app??? and 3. a SystemUIserver app??? What happened??? please help. I already rebooted my computer twice and nothing

Any comments

TC

Attached Files:

6. tcamposr thread starter macrumors newbie

one more thing. I have also noticed that if I log out or switch user I get this lowinwindow type of menu and then it changed to the apple menu. Please respond

TC

7. Frisco macrumors 68020

Launch System Preferences and click to open the Accounts System Preference pane. From the row of tab buttons, select Login Items. Uncheck "Dockless" and then reboot.

Any help?

8. semaja2 macrumors 6502a

I will see about coding a small utility that will enable the LSUIElement in the info.plist

This will hide the whole application however from my knowledge. its great for apps like Hardware Growl though.

PS. If you want to manually do it google for LSUIElement

9. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Scary! I usually try to not mod too much of my system's UI for this very reason.

10. tcamposr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. I already fixed it. I was sure it had something to do with dockless and the way I played with it before uninstalling. What I did was to install it back, then unchecked the boxes I had checked (they were exactly the same ones coming on the dock), rebooted and da-da. Problem fixed. I uninstalled dockless after that. all is good!

Thanks for your help
    TC

11. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

So what you experienced was exactly what you told dockless to do.