Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
iGav said:
YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :rolleyes:

Rinky dink link

N:B. Sans Robbie.
Heard this live on radio1 a couple of hours ago.
Gary used the same line he did when they split;
"We'd like to thank all our fans for giving us the last 10years off, but unfortunately the rumors are true...Take That will be touring again!"

I think he was expecting some "oohs" and "Ahhs" but all he got was an embarassing silence, lucky little Mark came to his rescue with a forced laugh.

I kn=inda liked them but I fear they're gonna bomb.

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Gary Barlow said:
Financially it's a very tempting idea

At least he's being honest about the reasons :D

I got the impression from the article though, that Robbie could still be involved

Robbie has been included in the offer but I don't know what he thinks

It would be awesome if he did get involved, but I suspect that he doesn't quite need the cash as much as the others.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
result! :S well my girlfriend wants to go and see them anyway so it looks like im off to see them! :rolleyes:

i do like that never forget song though!!

HydroMan

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2004
Luton. Lutonshire.
OMG! you lot have got to be kidding, the whole boy/girl band thing is a joke if you actually listen to their "musical creations" you will find that it's all nostalgia i.e getting off with someone at a pub/club/party :D

dobbin

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2002
England
Not many replies to this thread - is everyone too young to remember TT?

I think it's great news - all my friends used to love dancing to all their cheesy songs!

Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale? My wife would love to go and this would make a great Christmas present...

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
In other words, except for Mr. Williams, they're all completely skint washed-up has-beens, their 'solo projects' have bombed, they're desperate for a slice of the limelight and they've run out of reality shows to hawk their pathetic talentless arses on.

They're not releasing any new material, you say?
Funny. It's not like touring brings in any money or anything. :rolleyes:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Blue Velvet said:
In other words, except for Mr. Williams, they're all completely skint washed-up has-beens, their 'solo projects' have bombed, they're desperate for a slice of the limelight and they've run out of reality shows to hawk their pathetic talentless arses on.
I think that pretty much sums it up... it's rather quite sad, really. :D

Remember when they split? Robbie was a tubby, careerless drunk and Gary Barlow was going to be the great singer/songwriter of his generation. How things change...

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Is this the group that had that single, "Back for Good?" Hee. I loved that single. I saved up and bought it on cassette. :eek: :D

:edit: I just checked the link... it is that same group! How funny. Haha.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Blue Velvet said:
In other words, except for Mr. Williams, they're all completely skint ...

Except for Gary Barlow, who's worth in excess of £20million thanks to his song writing, not bad for a washed up has been! ;) :p

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Take That played constantly in the gym where I used to work out. I have developed a certain unfathomable hatred for that band.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Lacero said:
Take That played constantly in the gym where I used to work out. I have developed a certain unfathomable hatred for that band.

From selling out Wembley to playing at Lacero's gym...my, my how the might have fallen!
:p

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Ooooh I think we need to organise a UK MR meet-up and go see them on tour.

Please realise... I *am* kidding :p

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
dietcokevanilla said:
Please realise... I *am* kidding :p
Don't you think that everybody can see through your little ruse? We all know that you're on their fan email list and you have the code to pre-order the tickets. :D

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
devilot said:
Don't you think that everybody can see through your little ruse? We all know that you're on their fan email list and you have the code to pre-order the tickets. :D

Damn... I'm soooo busted! :D

Hehe... NO... I can safely say I was *never* a fan of Take That, nor was I ever a Brosette. Many of my school friends were... they used to wear Grolsch bottle tops on their shoes :eek: :eek: :eek:

edesignuk said:
...better see if I can get a refund on those damn tickets...
:eek:

I see your cheeky white text mister :p
oh ok... you've twisted my arm, keep the tickets... but remind me to buy some ear plugs before we go

:D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
dietcokevanilla said:
I see your cheeky white text mister :p
oh ok... you've twisted my arm, keep the tickets... but remind me to buy some ear plugs before we go

Sorted then....hopefully the spice girls will reform for the support act. CAN HARDLY WAIT! :D :p

Ear plugs: check.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
edesignuk said:
Sorted then....hopefully the spice girls will reform for the support act. CAN HARDLY WAIT! :D :p

Ear plugs: check.

OMG if that happens we'll need eye protection as well.

They can't sing, but they do ming.

Applespider

macrumors G4
dietcokevanilla said:
Many of my school friends were... they used to wear Grolsch bottle tops on their shoes :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ah, the Brosettes were great. My mother owned a bistro then and sold Grolsch. I had a nice little sideline in shoe accessories at school; £2 a pair :p

Unfortunately though I gave them to my best friends who returned the favour when Bros came to town for a concert. I played the 'skint and parents won't buy me a ticket' card only to have my oh so grateful friends buy me one... shudder!

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Applespider said:
Unfortunately though I gave them to my best friends who returned the favour when Bros came to town for a concert. I played the 'skint and parents won't buy me a ticket' card only to have my oh so grateful friends buy me one... shudder!

Mmmhmmm... I bet you LOVED it really :p

AAARRRGH... first I had 'Relight my fire' in my head.
Now I've got 'When will I be famous?' in my head.

Please make it stop!

Applespider

macrumors G4
Ironically, my ears had just stopped bleeding when my younger sister became a Brosette and on their second tour, my mother bribed me into taking her... a new Scotland rugby shirt in return for going along which I still have. I must have been the only non-Brosette in the country who had to watch them twice.

Thankfully I'd left home by the time she got into Take That... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.