Taking apart an iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryanmckenzie, Jan 29, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a petty little problem, one of my volume buttons is stuck, it must have something tiny jammed in it since it won't budge. If I take it apart, can I get to it from the inside? Cause I've tried everything else...

2. macrumors member

Take it to the apple shop if you can, bit safer than doing it yourself?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I would although I'm too busy this week to take a trip to my apple store. I've taken my macbook apart before (completely dismantled everything to clean it out), so I have some experience. I guess I'd like to know if it would be a good way to solve the problem.

4. macrumors regular

You would be better off going to the Apple Store than risking turning your iPhone into a brick.

5. macrumors 6502a

If you have time to take the iPhone apart, you have time to hit the apple store:rolleyes:

6. macrumors regular

If you open it up and dont mess things up, if you put it back together, you will be fine. His are instructions to open it. http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone-4-Teardown/3130/1

It would be safer to go to the apple store. They usually replace it really quickly. If you decide to go this route, watch out for the weird screws theyre having on the iphone 4s now.

Main point: Opening it is fine, if you can get it, great, if not, put it back together and go to the applestore.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone. I'm convinced to wait until I can get to the apple store.