Taking Apart UPDATED IBOOK!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by CoMpX, Jul 26, 2005.

1. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Does anyone know where I can download a free service manual for the new, updated iBook? Does that even exist yet? Not the users guide, the service manual that gives you step-by-step instrutions on how to take every single part out. Thanks.

2. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Is it broken?? why would you want to take a machine that new apart? Become a apple tech i believe they get those types of publications.. just hope this isnt some "it fell off the UPS truck" kinda thing..

Ed

4. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Typically the Apple take apart guides are only available to service technicians. If you search around on the internet you can find some guides people have made, but since the new ibooks were just announced you won't be able to find any just yet. Maybe in a week or two. Be patient.

5. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

The form factor hasn't really changed from the ice iBook G3 (Dual USB). They're actually pretty easy to take apart. The case basically snaps together after you remove a couple of screws. The hardest part is remembering where all the screws go back. Apple uses about 15 different screws, sizes, and lengths.

Just remember, that when you do this, you can kiss your warranty good bye, even if you've purchased the AppleCare Extended Warranty.

6. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

I used this site to open up my powerbook, they have the iBook G3 take apart well laid out. The iBook G3 and G4 aren't that much different.

http://www.pbfixit.com/Guide/

7. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

OK, thanks everybody. I don't plan to take it apart any time soon, I just like to have these things handy because I like to know my machine inside and out.

Thanks,
    Joe