Taking My Mini With Me To Oregon -- Carseat?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bobber205, May 7, 2006.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I am taking my mac mini with my to oregon and I would like some ideas on how to pack it.

It will be by meat seat the entire time. I am going to have my monitor in the back of the car so I can hook it up in hotels.

Any suggetions?? :cool:

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Stick it in the glove box! :)

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

keep you orignal packing?

if you did put it in that

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

That's how I move my iMac around. (ya, I know, I really need a laptop).

5. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

That's a good idea, but I while I kept the box, I didn't keep the styrofoam....

and I don't want to keep my most valued possession in such a pretty box. (thieves)

6. Eldentistfuturo macrumors regular

Can it fit under one of the seats? That way people couldnt see it if they walked by the car.

7. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

If it's not running in the car...any padded bag or anything should be fine, just don't squash it.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You seem like an intelligent person, so let's cut to the chase. We all know that there's only one solution that should even be on the table. Clearly, you need to mount that Mini inside your car, get a dash-mounted LCD display, and route power from the vehicle power system, with suitable backup power so that the Mini can be running when the car is not. You will also need to implement a touchscreen version of Front Row.

So I suggest you stop this banter, pull out your credit card, and run (don't walk) to get the required equipment. And pray you have a sufficient credit limit. Oh, pray you have a sufficient credit limit.

:eek: :eek:

Yes, ahem, like others have said, as long as it's off, just make sure it's padded and it isn't crushed, and you'll be fine. A baby seat is overkill. If you have bubble sheets, just wrap it in that and throw it in a box. :)

9. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

This takes me back... at college I had an LC 575, I used to transport it in the back seat with the seatbelt fastened around it.

I'd just wrap some towels around the mini and shove it in a bag, personally...

10. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Wrap it in some blankets and/or clothes, it will be fine. Just don't wedge it anywhere or put it on the floor (too many vibrations). I moved up here with my G4 in a 67 Mustang and I just put it on the bucket back seats; seats absorb a ton of vibration, you'll be fine.

11. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Aww, that's so cute! The name and the actual item. :p