Taking Pics of DVD Movie

Discussion in 'macOS' started by patrickzander, Jan 5, 2006.

1. patrickzander macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I just got my 15" Powerbook and was watching a DVD the other day and I wanted to take a picture of a scene from the DVD movie. But, the Apple player doesn't seem to allow screen grabs during DVD playback. Does anyone know of away around this? Different Program?

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Snapz Pro will be able to take a screen shot of the DVD. Or you can load the .VOB file into VLC player, and you can take a screen shot from it, as well.

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

3. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

You could also try using the terminal.

If you type 'screencapture -c' you will get a screencapture on the clipboard - you can then paste to wherever you want.

There are more options - type 'man screencapture' for info.

4. wattage macrumors 6502

wattage

Try a widget called Screenshot Plus. This is from a Video_TS file using DVD Player. Obviously Grab doesn't work with DVD Player.

Tony Montana.jpg

5. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

You can also do a normal Mac OS X grab while playing the DVD in VLC. VLC is a nice app to have around anyway. And it's free.

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Uhm, would pausing the DVD not allow you to take a regular shift+Apple+3 (or 4) screenshot??

7. Lau Guest

Unfortunately not. The Grab function is disabled whenever the DVD player program is open. :eek:

But VLC works fine, and it's free, and it's a useful thing to have on your computer anyway, for the occasional troublesome movie format. :)