Taking the plunge sooner rather than latter.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BobP63, Jan 27, 2007.

  1. BobP63 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2007
    #1
    I’ve spent the last few weeks trying to decide whether to purchase a new iMac now or wait to see what happens once Leopard is introduced; however the harsh reality of getting older has forced my hand. I find myself constantly increasing font size on my MacBook just to see clearly, you can only do that so much before running out of real estate on a 13” screen. Normally I try to get 3-4 years good service from a computer before upgrading, with this in mind I was a little hesitant buying new hardware with Leopard so close to release. To hedge my bet on what the future might bring I decided to order a customized 20” iMac rather than opting for the base model. I ordered my iMac with 2GB Ram and 256MB VRam along with a wireless keyboard and mouse; I felt the standard 250GB hard drive was more than sufficient. Hopefully this configuration will provide good service when I eventually upgrade to Leopard. In any event my son’s happy with my purchase because he’s about to inherit a mint condition Black MacBook.
     
  2. AlexH macrumors 68000

    AlexH

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2006
    #2
    Congrats on your new purchase! I actually just ordered a new iMac today. I needed it, didn't really want to wait, and as far as 10.5 goes, I'm sure when it is rolled out, it will be solid, beautiful, and stable, but I still want to give it a little while before upgrading.

    Here's what I ordered:
    17" iMac
    2.0GHz Core 2 Duo
    2GB RAM
    250GB HD


    PS: Congrats to your son on inheriting a great notebook. :cool:
     
  3. BobP63 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2007
    #3
    Congratulations on your new iMac as well. I briefly toyed with the idea of the 24" but couldn’t justify the price once I honestly assessed my needs. When it came time to actually part with the cash I walked over to a 17” iMac placing a MacBook by its side, after spending a few minutes surfing the web with each I determined the 17” would be sufficient to resolve my screen size issue. In short an upgraded 17” would have been the most practical choice, had my son not prodded me I would have likely ordered the exact configuration you did. Maybe he figures he’ll end up with the iMac as well, but that’s not happening anytime soon.
     

Share This Page