Tales From The Front Line -- Your Stories!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bobber205, Feb 5, 2007.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

Nov 15, 2005
    Today I was in one of my hardware design classes. I asked how to print PDFs in a certain way or something like that. Anyway, I mentioned that I was using OS X and a mac. :D

My teacher and one of my better friends sitting next to me went "ugh". A mac? Why a mac? After some random bickering, they said that they hated how macs always complicated things.

Complicated things!?! :eek:
    How did they arrive at that conclusion?

Macs, and OS X, for the most part, take the complexity out of everyday computing, not add more. Windows XP adds more.

Maybe it's because most things in OS X are so straightforward, they miss them.

Case in point. I installed the newest version of Adium (well, just downloaded it really) the other day. The install process consisted of this:

1) Drag this icon over to this icon. That's it! Really! (The first icon was the app, the second was a linked folder to my apps folder).

I've installed hundreds of windows apps over the years and nothing has even been so easy or quick.

So.. what stories do you guys have?
  2. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    Yeah, it's WAY more difficult when the ability to print PDFs is built in system-wide and included with your OS....
  3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

Oct 21, 2004
    I timed it to make a pdf/reduce size of this. It took :48 seconds. The second, :12 (not counting reduce size).

Attached Files: