Tamerlan Tsarnaev's Burial

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aerok, May 6, 2013.

1. aerok, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013

macrumors 65816

aerok

Been reading this article saying that no cemetary wants to have him buried. I do understand all the hate peple have on him, at the end he is still human and I feel he should still be buried.

Some of the comments people have posted in the comment section of the article is just awful, feels like what people would say during the Middle Ages.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/06/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

2. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I can certainly understand a cemetery refusing to bury him. His grave will only be a target for vandalism or worse.

As for the comments, this is the Internet. Ignorance is amplified.

3. macrumors 68000

mcrain

Why didn't we treat his body with the same religious respect that we did with Bin Laden. They could have done a quick autopsy, with an immediate cremation or burial at sea in accordance with his religious customs.

4. macrumors 65816

Actually, i don't believe the way in which bin laden's body was disposed of was conform to islam, in spite of what was said, but i'm no expert.

5. macrumors 6502

They should bury him in an unmarked anonymous grave in an unspecified location to keep the fanatics (on both sides) from vandalising/ turning the grave into a shrine.

6. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

No-one seemed to get too angry about it to be honest, so I think it was probably fine from that perspective.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

aerok

Pretty sure a lot of people from Al-Quaeda and family members were very angry about the disposal of the body.

8. macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

They were probably more mad about the fact that there was a body to be disposed of.

9. macrumors P6

Peace

You guys give Al-Quaeda too much importance. They could care less. This guy wasn't part of Al-Quaeda. He was a wannabe.

He deserves a burial just like any other human being.

10. macrumors 601

eawmp1

For health concerns he needs to be buried. Unmarked grave in public cemetery.

11. macrumors regular

classicaliberal

Because when it comes down to it, those who deny 'blowback' on a regular basis, actually believe in it and know it to be true. Osama's body was treated a specific way to reduce any sort of unnecessary exacerbation and consequential attacks on American interests. It's too bad the same strategy can't be undertaken in regards to the positioning of our military bases abroad, occupation during 'nation-building', and needless funding/intervention in foreign civil wars.

12. macrumors 65816

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMptMiajj0

In French so pretty useless, but Tariq Ramadan claims throwing a body to sea doesn't conform to islamic ritual (2:50).

Anyway, shooting an unarmed man seems very un-democratic to begin with. But we're talking about America here...

13. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

14. macrumors G3

rhett7660

Just to clarify are you saying he was unarmed and shot?

15. macrumors 65816

I think they made no attempt to capture the man alive, like they make no attempt to capture drone targeted suspects alive, in fact the whole strategy is kill with impunity and hope everyone shuts their mouth.

Make a good alibi while they're at it.

16. thread starter macrumors 65816

aerok

17. macrumors 601

Moyank24

Well, why not kill the brother, then?

And wasn't the account that he set off a bomb and in the smoke ran towards the cops? They were firing at the officers and they seemed to have explosives. Who knew if he had explosives on him or not?

I'm sure if you were standing there with a killer coming towards you, in the dark and in a smoky environment you would have just dropped your gun and tackled him? :rolleyes:

18. macrumors P6

Peace

To be fair to LEA this guy had just murdered a guy in cold blood and blew up bombs too. The local police had no idea what to expect in confronting him.

As I seem to read he was tossing pipe bombs out the window during the chase and then just stopped and got out of his car and started shooting.

In this kind of situation the LEA had no choice but to blast him with 100 rounds.

19. macrumors 65816

Because everyone's entitled to a fair trial, doesn't matter what he did or didn't do america's a democracy (lol).

A killer without a gun, doesn't make him a killer. Stop making up excuses.

20. macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Isn't there a local industrial incinerator the body can be thrown in?

21. macrumors 6502a

Interesting discussion point. Deserve?

By whom?

Who is trying to bury him? His family?

I think society owes it to itself to ensure he is disposed of in a non-offensive manner that conforms to public health standards. And not much else.

----------

A killer without a gun, doesn't make him a killer. Stop making up excuses.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what that means??

A killer without a gun is still a killer. You said so in defining him.

22. macrumors 65816

It means an immediate threat, replying to the poster above who suggested he was in position and armed to kill.

23. macrumors P6

Peace

24. macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

A killer without a gun? They shot and killed the cop at MIT and then, when pinned down by the cops, started shooting and lobbing bombs at the cops.

What exactly were they supposed to do to subdue him?

25. thread starter macrumors 65816

aerok