Tampa, FL (International Mall)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by vlj9r, Jun 8, 2010.

1. macrumors member

See you all on the 24th.
    Hopefully behind me. :D

Jerry

2. macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

I live in Brandon and will be going to the Brandon mall Apple store. Perhaps you should consider it, as it will likely be less hectic.

3. macrumors 6502a

slippery-pete

Lined uped at all three iPhone release so far at International, no reason to change now

4. macrumors 6502

I'll be there too!
    I am thinking about going a little insane this time and be in line at around midnight. :D

5. macrumors member

I might be there, but really thinking of just doing a Pre-Order and have it sent to my job.

6. macrumors member

See you there + 1. ;]

Does anyone know if they actually let you wait inside the mall overnight or do you have to stand somewhere outside before they let you in when the mall normally opens?

7. macrumors 6502

What time does the line usually start at? I usually just go to the Apple Store in the morning iPhone/iPad launches. I am thinking this time I'll go a bit insane and go in line around 9 p.m-10 p.m on the 23rd.
    I've never camped out before for the iPhone.
    This year I am. Do you have to wait outside the mall or do you get to wait inside the mall (in front of the Apple Store or the hallway where the lines usually are)?
    Also, Security is there the whole night, right?

8. macrumors 6502

9. macrumors member

iJC-1976

I was there for the WiFi iPad :D launch and you will have to wait outside the mall on the sidewalk near the mall entrance. My buddy and I got there around 4ish and there was Security patrolling the area. Apple :apple: also had Chick-Fil-A there providing free bottled water and coffee for those waiting in line. :cool:
    Once the store opened, the Apple employees lined us up into two lines, one for pre-orders and one for walk-ins. We were both walk-ins and were 6th and 7th in line. The whole process moved pretty quickly after that. I believe I was in the store and out with my iPad in about 20 minutes.

10. macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Glad I found this thread! I'll see you all on 6/24 at 6 or 7... I haven't done a launch event since the Panther release so I'm kind of looking forward to it in some weird way.

11. macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

I'm going to be at the brandon mall, first ever release event for me. What happens if you're in line and have to go potty?

12. macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

1. Hold it
    2. Get a doctor friend to write you a script for Flomax
    3. Make a Texas catheter
    :D

13. macrumors 603

nfl46

I'll be here, but it won't be in the morning, though. Lol. :apple:

14. thread starter macrumors member

Texas catheter?
    WIMP!
    Go with the Foley catheter!:eek:

I'm only kidding.:D

15. macrumors newbie

So we should take a count for tampa international cause ill be there looking to get there around 4 but if someone is going early can get a count on the line ill give you my number or pingchat tag and ill go earlier ?!?! Let me know!!

16. macrumors member

17. macrumors regular

Anyone know if wifi will be available while waiting outside the mall?

I think for restroom breaks, bring some empty soda bottles (or jars) and leave in your car.

18. macrumors newbie

Jars are good for guys what about the ladies....lol

19. macrumors newbie

Yoo you got ping chat im going to be there at 4 if the line is getting big i can ping you if a few of us stick together we can get there early enough!!

20. macrumors regular

Large jars then for the ladies?

21. macrumors newbie

Foley catheter?
    WIMP!
    Go with an ileostomy and nephrostomy! ;)

22. macrumors 6502a

slippery-pete

Been there for the previous iPhone releases. You'll line up outside. They bring by plenty of water and coffee. Also, they had about 3-4 porta-poties in the parking lot, no need for jars/bottles/cans:D

They will have 2 lines; one for people with reservations and the other for people without.

My previous experiences have been very positive

23. macrumors regular

Did the reserved line go pretty well? I'm hoping to done by noon, but not sure how soon to get there, 7am or much sooner.

24. macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

Haha... I plan on strategic bathroom breaks. If I lay off the coffee I should be fine.

Looking forward to meeting you all. I'll be happy to hold your place in the reserved line while you drain your weasel. ;)

25. macrumors newbie

There's always the bathroom rule you go then your place in line is held you cant stop nature dont want no one dropping dead of urine poisoning ...lol