Tapatalk - what the point of this app?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by bulldoze, Apr 4, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I really want a good app where I can have all of my forums in one place so I was excited to check this app out.

But... what is the point as it seems as though you can only set a whole forum as a favourite like Macrumors I cannot see a way to have sub forums and threads as favourites.

I want an app that understands what forums I have contributed to and puts lists these first and then any favourite threads underneath that, does anybody know of anything like this? I will be surprised if something like this does not exist.

2. macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

"I want an app that understands what forums I have contributed to and puts lists these first and then any favourite threads underneath that, does anybody know of anything like this? I will be surprised if something like this does not exist."

that's a big ask.

3. macrumors newbie

I'm using tapatalk right now and I keep ios5, iPad, iPhone, and this sub forum in my favorites. There is a subscribe option in the menu in the upper right. It will put things in your favorites.

4. macrumors 65816

5. macrumors 6502

The annoying popups it generates with certain forums ensures this app will never darken my doorstep.

6. macrumors newbie

7. macrumors 68000

maril1111

same or atomic browser don't see the need for shelling out extra money on a forum app yet.

8. macrumors 6502a

I was really optimistic for Tapatalk as I frequented a lot of forums when I bought it. Macrumors and one other forum I go to are the only ones compatible with the app. Pointless if forums won't enable it.

9. thread starter macrumors regular

I don't seem to have this option - the only option I have is to mark as read or refresh.

10. macrumors member

apple4kim

All forums are made differently. It's just hard to put them all together.

11. macrumors 6502

Don't have tapatalk on my iPad but the Android version I have on my phone is really nice. Seems tapatalk on iOS tries to nickel and dime you with in app purchases unlike on my Galaxy Note.

12. macrumors regular

I find it really useful to browse forums on my phone. Much prefer using safari on the iPad though.

13. macrumors regular

Tapatalk on Sale Today $.99

I just discovered "Tapatalk Forum App" is on sale for $.99 today at the App Store. :)
    Notice there is also a $4.99 "Tapatalk HD for iPad" as well but its not on sale.

Other than price, curious what the difference is between the two versions as I purchased "Tapatalk Forum App" @ $.99 and it looks nice and sharp on my iPad 3 and doesn't require enlarging the image to fill the iPad screen as iPhone apps typically do. I only assume the version is a universal app so figured what was the point of paying $4.99 "Tapatalk HD for iPad".

14. macrumors newbie

is there multiple tabs for browsing forums on Taptalk, i used it months ago when it was free but these days it asks for money