Tape Whine

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Benjamindaines, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

The video camera I use captures the whine from the motor inside. I know that carrying around an external microphone would be the ultimate solution to this problem, but that isn't really an option (camera doesn't have a mic port). Is there any software out there / feature in FCE that will remove this whine from the audio track?

--Thanks.

2. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Soundtrack Pro can analyze your footage and take out background noise, you appear to not have Soundtrack Pro? You'lll have to play around with the effects until you get something sufficient...

Go to the Final Cut Studio website, theres a tour under soundtrack pro on how to take out background noise (if you care).

4. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I don't have Pro like you have said, but is there a plug-in or effect I can download for Soundtrack Express?

5. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Try going through the effects, play around with them, i don't know any plug-ins for removing background noise.

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

You can apply one of FC's EQ filters and try and EQ out the noise. If it's really low or really high pitched then you should be able to do it. But if it's in the mid-range of frequencies it's going to be much harder w/o noticeably effecting the audio quality.

Lethal